Masters in November

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
It is weird, it looks wrong, it feels wrong with no fans, it may just distract me in the stand tomorrow afternoon and Sat.... but watching Jack and Gary hit those opening shots at dawn this morning still sent chills down my spine.

Having had the privilege of being on the grounds for one of these, this is right up there as my favorite event in all of sports. I loved it before I went in 2011.. but being there put it on a whole different level for me. Only those who have been can truly understand.

Looks like a sloppy start, luck of the draw on starting times today may just decide who is in contention on Sunday.. or at the very least make the hill much steeper for those who get the bad draw.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Golf...in November. Golf....in general....

giphy.gif

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Golf...in November. Golf....in general....

giphy.gif
In general your sports opinions don't matter tip.. you support the Gators and don't like Hockey or Golf, NASCAR (on board with you there) NFL, MLB.. Kinda like the atheist giving their opinion on the sermon in a baptist church on Sunday morning.. :greenjump: :greenjump:

Last edited:

ABolt

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Opening day of gun season in the morning, followed by Amen corner with a cocktail in the afternoon.

What's not to like???

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
I like playing golf. I like playing poker. I even like the occasional chess game. But I don't like watching any of them on TV.

dpc

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Watched a little today. Bad enough watching with no fans, brutal with no cameos of their wives and girlfriends.

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
Laid up sick watching Masters all day. Definitely different without the patrons, but their absence allows the beauty of the course to shine.

Rubline

Twelve Pointer
Opening day of gun season in the morning, followed by Amen corner with a cocktail in the afternoon.

What's not to like???
I agree with you but I have to give a slight edge to deer hunting opening afternoon.
The Masters is normally played in the Spring during Turkey season and I give a slight edge to Turkey hunting on Saturday afternoon if I didn't tag one that morning.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
It's still the Masters, but it's not the same.

One big difference, especially with delays and playoffs is there is a lot less daylight in November than April. On a side note, I watched 2 consecutive approach shots plug in a green yesterday. That never happens.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Opening day of Rifle for me, but I'm sick so I can say I'm not upset about the Masters being on this weekend. It is very strange without the roars, azaleas, birds chirping etc.

I also don't l;ike I can't find or it doesnt exist, The AT&T multiview they normally have for this event. Or the fact that we don't even get to watch the leaders play all 18 holes on Saturday :(.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
'rona

q-tine for 14 days

I get tested tomorrow. Honestly it's just the crud. Temps every day been about 77.4-77.6.

An extremely great golfer played extremely well today and won! There are some young bloods who may likely be future winners who played very well today also! Them greens were fast this weekend!

And not for nothing, but Tiger got a TEN on a par 3 (I've done that a few times ;) ) on hole 12, and then managed to birdie 5 of the last 6 holes I believe.

Not an "exciting" masters tournament, but I still found it fun to watch.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
It was different.....but how much?

Guessing same relative temps. It’s all rye grass (fairways & ‘rough’). Lack of crowd probably made the scores go up a little.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Quite a bit different. Mostly on the energy front. Scores were the lowest ever, but much of that was due to just how much rain they got up through Thursday morning. The Rye grass made things a bit different but not completely because it never got cold before so the Bermuda was still active. The spin was amazing.. guys landing it pin high and being off the front of the green. All in all it was a good as it could be for when they had to do it and how.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Quite a bit different. Mostly on the energy front. Scores were the lowest ever, but much of that was due to just how much rain they got up through Thursday morning. The Rye grass made things a bit different but not completely because it never got cold before so the Bermuda was still active. The spin was amazing.. guys landing it pin high and being off the front of the green. All in all it was a good as it could be for when they had to do it and how.

How could rye grass make it different? Do you have any idea what you’re talking about?

Augusta National closes The course in the Summer. Do you know why?

Here’s a hint: You’ve never seen the Masters played on Bermuda.

Last edited:

dpc

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
How could rye grass make it different? Do you have any idea what you’re talking about?

Augusta National closes The course in the Summer. Do you know why?

Here’s a hint: You’ve never seen the Masters played on Bermuda.

Attachments

• C0B373AC-74CA-4444-A522-ACCA3B087A76.jpeg
    C0B373AC-74CA-4444-A522-ACCA3B087A76.jpeg
    66.4 KB · Views: 15