Maryland rfl

chef

Ten Pointer
anyone thinking this will not be used by the government as a disarmament tool is fooling themselves.

the best part is it validates itself.

the state says red flag
authorities sent to house to seize gun
individual says "no way"
shoot out follows
state says, "see clearly a danger who can not be allowed to have guns"

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
as someone born and raised in maryland, it is but only in the same way that VA is and NC will be. In maryland montgomery and PG counties (DC subs) and baltimore and its subs control the state when literally 2/3 of the counties are red.

I lived in PG county for 2.5 years while in the military. NC will never be like Maryland in my lifetime or ever, because the I-95 corridor from the Virginia line to the Pennsylvania line is as populated as NC as a whole! Yes the entire state. Remember that, then think about this for second: NC is 54,000 square miles, Marlyand is only 12,000. Simply put, much of Maryland is one big metropolitan area.

There are some good areas in Maryland, I especially loved fishing and hunting down in Southern Maryland (Charles and St. Mary's Counties) where there was great agriculture and monster bucks but I don't think NC will ever become like Maryland.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Garrett County Maryland is pro Trump country.

Not all of Maryland is a liberal cesspool. Most is.

chef

Ten Pointer
I lived in PG county for 2.5 years while in the military. NC will never be like Maryland in my lifetime or ever, because the I-95 corridor from the Virginia line to the Pennsylvania line is as populated as NC as a whole! Yes the entire state. Remember that, then think about this for second: NC is 54,000 square miles, Marlyand is only 12,000. Simply put, much of Maryland is one big metropolitan area.

There are some good areas in Maryland, I especially loved fishing and hunting down in Southern Maryland (Charles and St. Mary's Counties) where there was great agriculture and monster bucks but I don't think NC will ever become like Maryland.

In 20 years Charlotte, greens/burl, triangle and Wilmington will outweigh the population of the rest of the state and it will lean more and more far left

BLOODBROTHER

Twelve Pointer

Spend some time in Charlotte.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
Spend some time in Charlotte.

I live 80 miles from Charlotte and spend a considerable amount of time there. How much time have you spent in Maryland/DMV/Baltimore/I-95 corridor?

Charlotte is NOT EVEN close to the Maryland I-95 corridor right now, no matter how big you think Charlotte is.

Last edited:

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
In 20 years Charlotte, greens/burl, triangle and Wilmington will outweigh the population of the rest of the state and it will lean more and more far left

What you just stated has already happened and it still isn't akin to Maryland. There are so many more factors outside of population that differ from Maryland to NC, and just to be clear I am in no way saying that NC won't explode with people and become more progressive over time. I am saying that it won't be another Maryland.

Last edited:

ncbowhunter41

Four Pointer
I grew up in Allegany County MD, on the Garrett County line, and I can say for sure that the two western counties are nothing like the central, eastern and southern Maryland. Having graduated from the Univ. of MD, PG county is the worst. Charlotte or Durham doesn't even compare to that place. Its a literal sh*t h*le!!!

Unfortunately like Greg said, Maryland (Specifically the inner city and its suburbs) is a liberal cesspool and pretty much dictates what the rest of the state does. And sadly, all of the state legislators didn't even recognize that western Maryland existed.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
I grew up in Allegany County MD, on the Garrett County line, and I can say for sure that the two western counties are nothing like the central, eastern and southern Maryland. Having graduated from the Univ. of MD, PG county is the worst. Charlotte or Durham doesn't even compare to that place. Its a literal sh*t h*le!!!
When I left for the service, I hadn't spent a ton of time outside the mountains of NC where I grew up. The Navy sent me to Washington, DC but I could only find affordable (I say 'affordable' loosely) housing in PG County. I faxed in a lease for an apartment in Suitland and left Pensacola for the Beltway. Talk about a culture shock!

chef

Ten Pointer
When I left for the service, I hadn't spent a ton of time outside the mountains of NC where I grew up. The Navy sent me to Washington, DC but I could only find affordable (I say 'affordable' loosely) housing in PG County. I faxed in a lease for an apartment in Suitland and left Pensacola for the Beltway. Talk about a culture shock!

suitland is not an area to play around with. hoodrific. particularly in the 90's during the crack wars.

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
How many were given their weapons back and what were some of the reasons they had their weapons taken?

Would be great to have some context.

Wv67

Ten Pointer
I was born in Maryland lived in riverdale , cleverly and Bladensburg left in the 80s because the schools was racist as all get out fighting every day so my mom sent me here to WV to live with my grandparents she retired there she finally moved to shady side on the bay not a bad area but Maryland as a whole is crap in my eyes yeah there are a hand full of nice places that’s it but it’s more ghetto than good I e also lived in Greensboro , hickory and reidsville NC I liked the latter but always came back to WVA it’s country all over and the rednecks out way the bad even in the worst areas I’ve taken my wife to Durham a few times for the hospital it was a bit thugged but I carried and even though it was very outlawed When I visited my mother in MD at John Hopkins we had weapons in the car Might not be the right thing to do but if I’m going anywhere me and the wife are armed I will protect myself and family first pay the price later

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Wondering if maybe he wasn't playing a little bit of the devil's advocate there. The left is real quick to call for limitations or legislation....until the mirror gets turned around.....

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I
Wondering if maybe he wasn't playing a little bit of the devil's advocate there. The left is real quick to call for limitations or legislation....until the mirror gets turned around.....
I Hope that's what he was doing.

That might actually be believable... if he wasn't the one creating and championing these laws.

Reactions: CRC

Greg

Old Mossy Horns

1. There’s No Evidence Red Flag Laws Reduce Gun Violence
2. Congress Lacks the Authority -- 2nd Amendment that they've been ignoring for 100 or so years
3. We Have Federalism -- States can decide for themselves
4. Red Flag Laws Violate Due Process
5. Red Flag Laws Could Lead to More Violence
6. It’s Not Just the “Mentally Ill” and Grave Threats Who Are Flagged
7. They’re Basically Pre-Crime -- 'Minority Report' BS

Last edited:

Wv67

Ten Pointer
I don’t think he should push for anything except if you kill someone with a gun you die in 72 hours , if you use a gun in a crime more than twice , then the third time is a charm you die in 72 hours , those laws will get more attention and support from our side at least , but will open it all up for discussion and will allow for good points to be made

double

Twelve Pointer
I don’t think he should push for anything except if you kill someone with a gun you die in 72 hours , if you use a gun in a crime more than twice , then the third time is a charm you die in 72 hours , those laws will get more attention and support from our side at least , but will open it all up for discussion and will allow for good points to be made

Denying an appeal is no different than red flag laws. Both are eliminating due process. That 72 hour law sounds good until you shoot someone in self defense get charged with murder and the trial goes sideways. 3 days later your dead before you even get a chance to clear your name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
The recent shooters all passed background checks

Yet Trump wants some kind of background check bill

Last edited:

Wv67

Ten Pointer
I’m talking killing someone with a gun during a crime like random shootings , robbing etc . Self defense shouldn’t be in the same class