Marvelous Marvin passed

thoma018

Button Buck
Was the best! He never had to get ready for a fight, was always in shape--His training camp was every day; I remember watching most of his fights with Duran, Hit Man Hearns and Sugar Ray. You know he did several Italian ( I think) movies where he was the hero---sort of a black Italian Chuck Norris. Think I found some of those on thre U tube Channel.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Boxing is just a memory for most part. Hate it I used be huge fan still catch decent fight on occasion I miss the old days. Hagler was a good one for sure

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
Saw it was posted in the sports area, but thought more folks would see it here(I rarely venture there). Remember seeing his fights. Awesome boxer!! One latino ass's strategy was to head butt Hagler. Hagler complained to the ref several times to no avail. Hagler proceeded to take it out on the latino's face. RIP

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
one of the best fights ever right here....

Back when Boxing was BOXING! Shoulders, elbows, short cut hair were all weapons. Look @ 15:31, there were TWO hits to that chin, as designed.

I ponder what/who started the whole Pay Per View media though. I think the fight Mack linked might be the culprit? Yes, you had to sign up for HBO to see it, but a LOT of people did, who then got to watch "close encounters of the thrid kind, or Jaws" afterwards.

Marvin was like a Robot. I ponder as to whether he had the same coach as another robotic icon?

Marvin was never hurt that I know of before this fight however.