Martinsville Race ??

302cj

Old Mossy Horns
Headed up there Saturday for the race. With this COVID BS not opening gates til later in the day and no tailgating. Anyone know of a pay to park in the area to tailgate and drinks a few before race?

302cj

Old Mossy Horns
Heading up Thursday for the modified race. I saw where they said no tailgating:mad:.
Yeah that sucks. It’s not a dealbreaker for us but sure is nice to fire up the grill set up the canopy and just drink a few! I don’t want to drive 2 1/2 hours get out walk in and just set down to watch race.

specialk

Twelve Pointer
Headed up there Saturday for the race. With this COVID BS not opening gates til later in the day and no tailgating. Anyone know of a pay to park in the area to tailgate and drinks a few before race?

Only been there once and parked on track property.....last year at dega they said no tailgating but we hung out and drank and ate snacks...no grills or canopy...they parked us every 4th spot.....dega and marts are owned by the same folks.....at atlanta we sat close and parked close....we cooked both days....yall have fun....were at dega week after next....

Starfan

Eight Pointer
You can pay to park at one of those houses on top of the hill.

ecufan

Eight Pointer

LAst night was good. We sat at the truck drank few and ate. Nobody said a word to us. Just be prepared for a long wait to get in. They scan and check everything. Also nobody took cash. Concessions and trailers were all cards no cash. After getting checked in nobody ever said a word about a mask.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Looks like the jet driers are doing their thing right now. There is a lot of scattered stuff on the radar so I'm expecting a long night if it gets done.

302cj

Old Mossy Horns
LAst night was good. We sat at the truck drank few and ate. Nobody said a word to us. Just be prepared for a long wait to get in. They scan and check everything. Also nobody took cash. Concessions and trailers were all cards no cash. After getting checked in nobody ever said a word about a mask.
Good Good Good!! Same thing at Roval last year. Mask in pocket whole time.

302cj

Old Mossy Horns
I know rain sucks for a fan....i for one dont want rain tires at marts......
Yeah the rain sucks but I would have stayed til 6 this morning. Racing and fishing about same for me. As long as I’m there I’m good. My biggest pet peeve is people being late for anything. So that makes me an hour early for everything in life. I’ve been in industrial maintenance for going on 26 years. I’ve been late to work 3 times in that many years.
Wife and daughter are completely opposite!! So y’all understand the fuss we got into when we were 5 miles from track at 4pm!
Before race started Matty D walked out between his car and pit wall. By some miracle me and 2 other guys hollered at him and about same time and scared shiz out of him. A lot of people around us we rolling laughing. We may hit Darlington in May if it’s not sold out.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
A guy at my lease and I decided Sat morning, if we both get a bird, we HAVE to go to Martinsville! Only 30 minutes from our lodge. Neither of us got on, then, while tempted, we checked the radar. What's funny is I recorded ALL the possible channels today's race would be shown on. I mostly saw horse racing. Bad horse racing at that.