Marriage

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns

T-Rock

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Thanks for posting this. It’s an awesome reminder as to where we should be during a marital Triune Covenant with a spouse. Heaven knows my former wife and I were living so far outside His will, what else could we have expected, other than a failed marriage?

It’s a rude awakening to look in the mirror and see that over time of hard living, simply having too much fun,, you ended up becoming the person you were repulsed by, and there’s a price to be paid for that…

Fortunately He came out into the desert, found me wandering aimlessly, picked me up on His shoulders, and carried me back home where I belonged all along….

I pray daily for my former wife, that she too will be carried back, because she’s still wandering around in the desert, on the addiction path of destruction.… and even after all that happened it still burdens my heart....

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Things change, things that aren't in the will of God but yet aren't considered a "sin". As we live there are things that happen that are beyond our control, things that affect our health, our daily lives and certainly our marriages.
Is God in control of everything? Sure, but don't ever let that be the reason for judging why a marriage fails, sometimes it's simply life taking a road that wasn't on the map and that there's no chance of the marriage surviving.
There isn't always anyway to assess the blame of a failed marriage on either of the parties involved, sometimes there are simply factors that are beyond either party's control and the dissolution of the partnership is one of the casualties.