March trout stocking

Vannoyboy

Eight Pointer
I have not seen any sign of the trout truck so far this March. Just wondering if any of you have heard whether or not the state is stocking the streams as usual or made adjustments because of the virus.

Loganwayne

Ten Pointer
my buddy that works for the commission down east said they havent slowed down got planting to get ready for. id assume its the same across the state.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I'd bout bet my paycheck they'll delay. By now they usually have stocked several places we'll know by Mon. Be real tough to enforce this late in game if already stocked many don't do email or internet

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
They say they are still stocking as scheduled BUT will not announce when or where so that people do not congregate.

VA pushed off their March stockings

WV is stocking but not saying when or where... their website says they will also have an armed guard with the Hatchery truck. Guess the locals take trout seriously

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Keep check on nc site things changing they have suspended stone mtn stocking which is delayed harvest so no big deal also they'll be adjusting some other areas due to closings so definitely check before you go

mbh78

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Stone Mtn is closed to the public now, may be the reason they have suspended stocking.

Vannoyboy

Eight Pointer
That sounds good. Was it near Wilkes? I am wanting to take my granddaughter opening day for her first trout fishing trip with her new lifetime fishing license. She caught her first trout last year on the day not requiring license and is HOOKED

Aaron871

Four Pointer
I was driving from Laurel Springs to long island public boat ramp on Lake Norman. I saw the truck somewhere south of Wilkesboro, can’t remember exactly where.

You just get her out there, the rest will fall in place.

cwcook68

Eight Pointer
I was driving from Laurel Springs to long island public boat ramp on Lake Norman. I saw the truck somewhere south of Wilkesboro, can’t remember exactly where.

You just get her out there, the rest will fall in place.
Brother, if you want to crappie fish in the mountain creek portion of lake norman I can hook you up. I’ve sank many piles of Christmas trees in the area. Haven’t fished them n a few years but I’m sure I could still locate them.

Vannoyboy

Eight Pointer
Maybe they will get around to us today. I looked at 4 spots where they usually throw them out but did not see any sign of them or spot any trout. I don't really care for trout to eat but would like to see my granddaughter snag a few to throw back. It is her first season on trout.

Aaron871

Four Pointer
I may be mistaken, I thought they stocked everything during the three months that the season is closed?

I’ve got this one in tow opening day....

Attachments

• 4E7FFDE8-55C7-4556-8CFB-8570C00CDCA7.jpeg
    4E7FFDE8-55C7-4556-8CFB-8570C00CDCA7.jpeg
    70.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 91EFDA42-315C-4F8C-BC03-C6A45C3D92FF.jpeg
    91EFDA42-315C-4F8C-BC03-C6A45C3D92FF.jpeg
    106.5 KB · Views: 26

timekiller13

Old Mossy Horns
I have to work Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Probably won't be any trout left by the time I get out there.

I'm tired of being essential.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Seen didn't stock Carroll creek or Boone fork pond plus couple more just gonna push more into waters that are open. If I wasn't scouting I'd drive by witness social distanceing so many them jokers see you catch couple and then are right on top you on normal day

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I went yesterday to check out some of my favorite stretches. Full of fish!

I didn’t go today since I would’ve had to take my own rock to stand on. 😱

Starting next week I’ll go 50-60 times this year so today wasn’t that critical.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I went yesterday to check out some of my favorite stretches. Full of fish!

I didn’t go today since I would’ve had to take my own rock to stand on. 😱

Starting next week I’ll go 50-60 times this year so today wasn’t that critical.
My philosophy as well I've got months to fish I don't get serious till turkeys are down but luckily can do both in same day sometimes.

cwcook68

Eight Pointer
The wife and I caught our limit in a hour and a half this morning. Most of them were much smaller than typical stock fish. Did catch one nice one, I’d say over 2 lbs.EE4846EF-F548-427B-983C-498D1D02A91B.jpeg

Reactions: CRC