Male Goldfinch dropped by...rare natural setting instead of a bird feeder

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
Man you could’ve came out here and filled up a memory card taking pics of them and indigo buntings on my sunflowers. The buntings seemed to be fewer than last year but the goldfinches seemed to take their place. They sure love a field of sunflowers!!!
Many afternoons I’d be feeding the goats and there’d be 6-8 15’ away on my automatic waterer for the goats caring nothing about me being there.

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Man you could’ve came out here and filled up a memory card taking pics of them and indigo buntings on my sunflowers. The buntings seemed to be fewer than last year but the goldfinches seemed to take their place. They sure love a field of sunflowers!!!
Many afternoons I’d be feeding the goats and there’d be 6-8 15’ away on my automatic waterer for the goats caring nothing about me being there.
Agree, sunflowers make for some good photo-ops...a few years ago I drove past where NC-DOT had a few acres of Sunflowers planted below Raleigh...went back and got a few shots

BigBow

Six Pointer
Hardly any Goldfinch around my thistle Bird feeders this summer, but switched to the netting-type thistle feeder and they are here everyday now.