Making mountains on a mole hill....

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Mountain courses are tough on us old flatlanders for two reasons. First because we have to travel so far to shoot them that we never get to practice those shots and second, well, because ya gotta walk up and down those damn mountains all day! I'd planned to spend the next 30 days shooting nothing but uphill/downhill shots to get ready for the IBO Traditional World Championship in Pipestem, West Virginia next month and while Pamlico County is not exactly known for it's abundance of elevation changes, some friends had given me access to a really cool place that would have worked pretty well. Someone had dug a huge pond years ago and left all the dirt there with some pretty good elevation changes made by the mounds. Problem was that from the time I looked at it a few months back until I went back to it this morning it had grown into a jungle.
I had to make some mountains pretty quick...and this was the best option....
I made it work last time, I'll make it work this time.... ;)
On high.jpgup top.jpg

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Mountain courses are tough on us old flatlanders for two reasons. First because we have to travel so far to shoot them that we never get to practice those shots and second, well, because ya gotta walk up and down those damn mountains all day! I'd planned to spend the next 30 days shooting nothing but uphill/downhill shots to get ready for the IBO Traditional World Championship in Pipestem, West Virginia next month and while Pamlico County is not exactly known for it's abundance of elevation changes, some friends had given me access to a really cool place that would have worked pretty well. Someone had dug a huge pond years ago and left all the dirt there with some pretty good elevation changes made by the mounds. Problem was that from the time I looked at it a few months back until I went back to it this morning it had grown into a jungle.
I had to make some mountains pretty quick...and this was the best option....
I made it work last time, I'll make it work this time.... ;)
View attachment 149292View attachment 149293
that deer is dead. you done and shot his head off.

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Looks like 3 of those arrows are in 12 ring thats the spot you want
Thanks buddy, I'd sure like to have a bunch of'em next month....
By the way, that Pro Vantage I'm shooting is wearing that set of Dryads you saved for me. Still my favorites! ;)