Maine Deer Pantry

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Yet baiting is prohibited during season.
FWIW, I understand that the Maine Hunting Season (at least in the Brownville area) is now over.

This man has been coordinating this winter time Deer feeding for several years now...December 15-April 1 I think.
In a week or two there will dozens / scores of Deer coming to the feed, as well as a few flocks of Turkeys.

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
FWIW, I understand that the Maine Hunting Season (at least in the Brownville area) is now over.

This man has been coordinating this winter time Deer feeding for several years now...December 15-April 1 I think.
In a week or two there will dozens / scores of Deer coming to the feed, as well as a few flocks of Turkeys.
My comment was directed at the management or lack of. Most baiting laws stem either from disease control or harvest control. Maine however can’t get enough people to kill does and has a population problem. Furthermore in places with sever winters deer can die with a full stomach of corn. So I have a hard time putting any reasoning to this situation.

JoeSam1975

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
My comment was directed at the management or lack of. Most baiting laws stem either from disease control or harvest control. Maine however can’t get enough people to kill does and has a population problem. Furthermore in places with sever winters deer can die with a full stomach of corn. So I have a hard time putting any reasoning to this situation.
Didn't think he fed corn. It's an oat acorn mix.