Mahi Trip

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
Would like to go on a mahi trip soon. Go out of Oregon inlet every year but last few have been expensive with a no trip then a 3 fish trip, so no more out of there for tuna. Just too expensive to not be able to go. Looking for something out of morehead to ocean isle targeting mahi. Any suggestions? Talked to a guy out of sneads ferry last year, John mallette I think?

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
Typically the mahi bite from MHC south would be April to June. After June, it can be pretty slim pickings for mahi. If I had to charter a boat to go catch meat (and have fun), I'd be looking at Oregon Inlet for yellowfin Mar-June, MHC for wahoo in Sept-Oct, MHC or Hatteras for mahi April-June.

Roanoke

Eight Pointer
You need to go now. Gaffer fishing has been good off Morehead and Hatteras the past week. Those fish should be migrating to the rock pile up to 000's in the next few days. Going to blow the next couple of days. We filled up the box last trip. Check out hatteras harbor and OI fishing report.

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
I'm not willing to go out of OI at this point. Too much $$$ spent and either a slow or no trip. I'd rather go out of somewhere that I can drive to out of oak Island

Scrub

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I caught a box full on my boat about a week ago and still some around from what I’m seeing.