Magpul Rifle hunter stocks?

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Anyone using them? Likes or dislikes?

Seeing there are more factory guns rolling out with them and they have several for the Ruger American along with the Rem 700.

Was looking at a new heavy barrel Ruger American that has a 20" barrel in 6.5 creedmoor.

Looks like a nice set up just not sure of that stock. Used all there gear for the AR and they work great but the stock just does not have that same feel.

v8stang289

Twelve Pointer
I've handled a few, but haven't shot one with the Hunter stock yet.

I had decided on a Rem 700 5R in 6.5 Creedmoor but was back and forth on the Magpul stocked version or the actual "5R" model with the HS Precision stock. Local shop had a Magpul in 6.5 CM and a 5R in 300 win mag

I wanted to like the Magpul, since it was a little cheaper and has the detachable mag and is more adjustable. But it just didnt feel right to me.

Hard to explain really. HS stock just felt more solid and comfortable. I like the palm swell and grip angle better.

So I ended up ordering the 5R, hopefully it'll be in by this weekend.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Thanks
Let us know how it shoots.
I'm just having a hard time even looking at the newer remington guns with the crap they put out.
I have a few of the older guns Rem 700 PSS in 308 and 223 with the HS stock.
Bot good shooters but for some reason just set In the safe. Also a 300wm and 3006 LR remington 700. Plan to thin a few out and add a few different guns this summer.
May just thread a few of them to use suppressers and go that way also.

v8stang289

Twelve Pointer
Thanks
Let us know how it shoots.
I'm just having a hard time even looking at the newer remington guns with the crap they put out.

I understand, QC definitely fell and Remington let out some junk for a few years. My understanding is they've remedied the issues and are putting out some really good rifles as of late. And the 5R is getting great reviews. So we will see.

Cyperry

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I have a buddy with two 5R’s that both shoot ragged hole groups. He does handload. But that shoot for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inshore duck

Eight Pointer
The original 5rs were awesome, most were Rock barrels some obermeyers. I have 2. Basically recontoured m24 barrels. The ones now are Remington and a far cry from the originals. Just selling off that “5r” name which isn’t their design it was developed by Obermeyer. Guess it’s like the Pseudo mk12 and mk18s we see everywhere now. Haven’t bought a Remington in some time due to QC issues. Better off to build one now, surgeon action/bartelin barrel.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
I've handled a few, but haven't shot one with the Hunter stock yet.

I had decided on a Rem 700 5R in 6.5 Creedmoor but was back and forth on the Magpul stocked version or the actual "5R" model with the HS Precision stock. Local shop had a Magpul in 6.5 CM and a 5R in 300 win mag

I wanted to like the Magpul, since it was a little cheaper and has the detachable mag and is more adjustable. But it just didnt feel right to me.

Hard to explain really. HS stock just felt more solid and comfortable. I like the palm swell and grip angle better.

So I ended up ordering the 5R, hopefully it'll be in by this weekend.

Hs Precision stock and that magpul hunter aren’t even in the same universe for comparison...... like a ford fiat compared to a Ferrari

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk