Magazines vs Clips

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
pretty sure those were for a "gat" or a "heater"... before they knew it was supposed to be a magazine. ;)

Reactions: DRS

stiab

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I find it hilarious the big deal some folks make of this, and think it is mainly a younger generation obsession. For decades the firearms industry referred to them as "clips". Has anybody heard of the Savage 99-C? Well guess what the "C" stands for...

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
They are expensive too, I stopped bidding at $163. Yes, I have been out bid.Hard to find a factory mag under $80.

stiab

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
They are expensive too, I stopped bidding at $163. Yes, I have been out bid.Hard to find a factory mag under $80.
And so are the guns, in a short period of time the Rem 760 in standard calibers went from being a $350 gun to $1K. The more difficult calibers like .308, .280, 6mm, .243, .222, .223, etc. are much more pricey, and the carbines have gone off the charts.

• Agree
Reactions: DRS

spinnerbaitor48

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
just gave 2 of those away....they were for 760 30-06.....sold the rifle long ago, and just found em.......friend of mine has one, so i gave them to him.....i kind of thought they were worth around $40 or so apiece....

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
just gave 2 of those away....they were for 760 30-06.....sold the rifle long ago, and just found em.......friend of mine has one, so i gave them to him.....i kind of thought they were worth around $40 or so apiece....
The last ones I saw were at a gun show and sold for $120 apiece

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
If I recall correctly clips feed magazines. But just to muddy the waters a little here's two different packages by the same company for the same product. Confused yet? Does it really matter?

<>< Fish

1629242760094.png
1629243149145.png