Lymes

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Tell me what I need to know.
Long story short had a few weeks not feeling good.
Doc did a bunch of testing and ruled out a lot but thinks I have Lymes.
Starting a big dose of antibiotics.

.35Rem

Eight Pointer
Stick with the antibiotics. Took a couple or three rounds of treatment/assessment but we think it finally worked for our daughter. Little over a year, she waited thinking it was other stuff. The intravenous antibiotics was what eventually worker for her.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Watch closely for skin issues with focus on staying out of the sun if on doxycycline.
Start yogurt with live cultures at least twice a day , fresh fruit, plenty of water.
Expect stomach issues, you may want to get a good probiotic.
Depending on how long you may have had Lyme disease will direct your treatment, hopefully it's not had time to colonize.
Take the full cycle of abx, no cheating if you feel better. Keep a blood level high enough to kill the little buggers

jenkinsnb

Ten Pointer
Watch closely for skin issues with focus on staying out of the sun if on doxycycline.
Start yogurt with live cultures at least twice a day , fresh fruit, plenty of water.
Expect stomach issues, you may want to get a good probiotic.
Depending on how long you may have had Lyme disease will direct your treatment, hopefully it's not had time to colonize.
Take the full cycle of abx, no cheating if you feel better. Keep a blood level high enough to kill the little buggers
This man right here has what you need. If you get on doxycycline, just pretend you’re a vampire. I have never burned as bad as being on that mess in the middle of baseball season. We caught mine fairly early, but I kept the foggy head and fatigue for several months after. I’m anemic anyways, but probiotics to keep the GI regular and upping iron supplements kept me enough energy to get through the day.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Just started the doxy and he gave me 14 days. In about 10 he will see how I'm doing and next course of action.

Being in a fog and tired all the time is the worst. Can't focus!

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
This time of year we all love to ride with the truck windows down and our arm hanging out, don't do it! Even some high intensity inside lights can cause a burn

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Tell me what I need to know.
Long story short had a few weeks not feeling good.
Doc did a bunch of testing and ruled out a lot but thinks I have Lymes.
Starting a big dose of antibiotics.
It sucks… mainly the fatigue!

antibiotics helped me BUT certain herb treatments (not anything illegal etc or Mary Jane) helped more than anything.

look up BioPure Cocktail, Cistus (Rock rose) tea etc

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
This man right here has what you need. If you get on doxycycline, just pretend you’re a vampire. I have never burned as bad as being on that mess in the middle of baseball season. We caught mine fairly early, but I kept the foggy head and fatigue for several months after. I’m anemic anyways, but probiotics to keep the GI regular and upping iron supplements kept me enough energy to get through the day.

Both are the ones to follow. Hope it is not Lyme disease!! 🙏🙏

Hunterreed

Twelve Pointer
Man I hate you having to deal with this and hope the doc gets you fixed up. Gold prospecting friend I know had symptoms for years undiagnosed and he is now on disability so whatever the antibiotics put you through is better than the alternative

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
Yessir the Lymes aint good.
Been dealing with it for a few months, I was rounding the corner pretty good til I got the Covid.
Hang in there man.

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Thanks guys.

Man I have no energy. Get winded just getting the mail.
Hard on someone that is alway on the go.
I felt so bad a few months ago I couldn’t even imagine the idea that I’d eventually bounce back. It was absolutely awful. I could write pages about all the stuff my Lyme doc taught me. The short of it is antibiotics work really well for some and not so well for others. I was one of the latter. I turned @Helium on to the herbal stuff my doc had me on. I figured it was a buncha bs at first, but since it was stuff I could order myself and not stuff he was trying to sell me, I gave it a shot. I’d venture to say Helium and I have had similar, and very positive, results. I halfway agreed to take the stuff just so I could tell the doc it didn’t work and to give me some legit pharmaceuticals . But that wasn’t the case. Now maybe you could tell your doc about what we recommend and he might say we are full of crap. But it worked for me and Helium, and tons of others with Lyme