Lyman Flinter 50 cal. Tackdriver

Lonewolf

Button Buck
I pick up last winter a investarm hawken made in 1980 from a gentleman who could not get a hold of black powder.
The I will bet has almost no round count.
I mounted a Lyman rear peep .
Drop 80 gr. 3f 490 ball .016 patch.
A little 4 f for the primer man goes bang nice tight at 50 yards.
I have gotten away from black for some time.
I built a few rifle over time not really into doing builds as she creeps on me.
Wow 73 now we're did time go??

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I've gotta buddy who wants to get rid of one of those. May take him up on it after hearing your review....

D. Buck Stopshere

Six Pointer
Most every Investarms rifle, including those with Lyman’s name on it, is a tackdriver. The Great Plains rifles are blessed with 1:66” slow-twist barrels. The Great Plains Hunter is best shot with conicals since it has a 1:32” twist. When I travel to muzzleloading clubs around the state, Lyman’s GPR is the most popular factory-made rifle there.

A friend of mine decided to sell his stable of flinters & caplocks, so I bought all six longguns, including two flint smoothbores, and a couple caplock shotguns. They’ll be on my tables at the Dixie Gun Show next weekend.

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
I picked one up that was hanging on the wall of a hunting camp a guy bought after the PO passed. Had a box of goodies and a neighbor hunts them a lot. Dedicated season here after Jan 1. Only shot a handful of times but it’s accurate. Picked up a aftermarket set trigger then realized the original was poor because a small wire had broken. The crazy hikes have put some character in it and I’m thinking of getting the aftermarket lock before I file the new trigger just to help with the pan seal and always losing priming powder while climbing the cliffs. I’ve heard the aftermarket locks seal better. Drew a doe tag this year and a lot more deer on the peninsula this year including 6 legal (8 pt) bucks I’m seeing in my yard/neighborhood almost daily.

There’s also an early Inline season for the first time so I’ll get the CVA MR out as well.