Lulled to sleep

Ssims

Spike
Over the last 18 months, the Lord has given me dreams, visions, and words, regarding to where we're at in time, the state of the people, what to pray for, etc. And it's concerning to see the spiritual deadness(if that's a word) and deafness in the body of Christ. I drive a truck for a living. I have the blessed and unfortunate opportunity of being around all different types of characters from state to state. There's a coldness in the land. I mean spiritually. We're so caught up in politics, racial issues, etc, that we forget one important thing... God is really not into our opinions. He's all about truth. AND He will see purpose over any situation. Before Jesus went to the cross, He asked God if the cup could pass from Him. Obviously God didn't say yes because He was crucified. But God saw the purpose and need for all of us. It's concerning to see that there's no conviction. And when a true word from heaven comes and the word is delivered, people get mad, upset, and offended. Lord knows I hate religion, tradition, and every false doctrine from any denomination. Most people can quote all kinds of stats about sports, all kinds of endless information about hunting or fishing, but couldn't quote 20 scriptures if they stood face to face with Jesus Himself. Folks, we're in a bad spot. I'm not talking about the world, I'm referring to the church. When we lay this body down, we're going to stand toes to toes, and nose to nose with the greatest Man that ever lived. And every last one of us is going to give an account for every thing that we have done that has not been repented for or had the blood of Christ applied over. We have been on borrowed time. God is not playing. Yes, God is love. But people still die today from disobedience, just like they did way back in the day. Jesus fulfilled every jot and tiddle of the law. But God never changed. You still can't lie, cheat, steal, screw, shack up, be a hoe, etc. At some point in our lives, we've all made mistakes and have fallen. But don't stay down and keep making the same mistakes. If a sin is habitual then there is a spirit and it has to be dealt with. But I won't go there right now. This post is long enough. Haha. I pray you all stay encouraged.

T-Rock

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Just my opinion...

Many biblical passages have dual meaning, and most of the time, for me anyway, I'll read scripture and something new pops out from the same scripture after having read it multiple times.

Even though the letters to the 7 churches were meant for the seven churches of Asia at the time, I also believe those letters define one church age to another to some extent, that have been displayed throughout church history. Not every Christian or church fits the description of their time. Still, in general, Christendom’s condition holds the church’s attributes representing its particular time period.

Having said that, I believe the letter to Laodicea is descriptive of the final and last church age before Christ's return, where Christ had nothing good to say since that church age was Lukewarm, and apathetic.

I believe we have arrived, myself included:

“I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth."
(Rev 3:15-16)

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
Just my opinion...

Many biblical passages have dual meaning, and most of the time, for me anyway, I'll read scripture and something new pops out from the same scripture after having read it multiple times.

Even though the letters to the 7 churches were meant for the seven churches of Asia at the time, I also believe those letters define one church age to another to some extent, that have been displayed throughout church history. Not every Christian or church fits the description of their time. Still, in general, Christendom’s condition holds the church’s attributes representing its particular time period.

Having said that, I believe the letter to Laodicea is descriptive of the final and last church age before Christ's return, where Christ had nothing good to say since that church age was Lukewarm, and apathetic.

I believe we have arrived, myself included:

“I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth."
(Rev 3:15-16)

Yet another verse that I hate to read because it reminds me of me.