Luke Kuechly

The average NFL career is 3.3 years. Law of averages. Im glad my dirty birds dont have to go against him anymore. Heck of a player.

justwin24

Six Pointer
Probably was thinking he may get traded or may of been told he wasn't getting traded and didn't want to go through the rebuilding seasons. By then he would have 11 years in. Hall of Famer for sure.

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I think he got out because he wants to live healthy. No ulterior motives or team politics!

After having gone thru concussion protocols he’s simply looking out for himself.

Watch for him to be a linebacker coach in the NFL or maybe get into college coaching.

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I have stopped keeping up with the NFL and the Panthers, but still watch the news and sports. He seemed to be a great player for the team. I can fully understand him abandoning ship. Logical move on his part in my opinion with the transition that is happening. Best of luck to him.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Hate to see him leave but don't blame him at all. He had several concussions throughout his career.
I assume this will change the Panthers draft plans.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
Watch the video of his announcement. He got told some bad news, and made the best decision he could make from it. That boy wants to play football and could play on any team he wants, but he made a smart decision, against his wishes, based on something I’m willing to bet, a brain surgeon or the like, told him.

nontypical

Ten Pointer
Dang. He played the game hard from start to finish. BIG loss for the Panthers, but I wish him the best in his retirement. After seeing what Junior Seau went through, who could blame these players, especially linebackers, that hit hard pretty much every play.

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Watch the video of his announcement. He got told some bad news, and made the best decision he could make from it. That boy wants to play football and could play on any team he wants, but he made a smart decision, against his wishes, based on something I’m willing to bet, a brain surgeon or the like, told him.

I hadn't watched the video, but I would make the some bet. For some one to just quit, there's a major factor behind it.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
In the video you can tell he’s been advised to step away for the sake of his health despite himself wanting to still play.

He wants to play but someone has told him he'll pay for it.
That’s what I took away from it as well

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Speaking of Panthers tanking I heard they hired Joe Brady and person on TV mentioned trading up with Bengals no doubt they'd have give up bunch but if you believed them 2 together could figure it out while they built real good O line would be attractive spot for good receiver and paired with Mccaffeey I'd take that chance

Matty

Six Pointer
Contributor
Good for him...sacrificing your health to entertain the masses, not sure why anyone would let their kids play football these days.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Lot people sacrifice their health in jobs for WAY less money. Most all football players retire in better health than coal miners who retire.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I agree with you guys. Watched the video and all I can figure is he's got brain injury issues. Linebackers give and take some of the toughest hits almost every single play, and no one hits harder than him.

From a front office standpoint, if they dump Cam, that really frees up a ton of money to both pay McCaffrey what he deserves and go after some good replacements.

I really thought the next announcement would be from Olsen. He looked tired this season, and I don't think he has much left in the tank for rebuilding years.

Matty

Six Pointer
Contributor
Lot people sacrifice their health in jobs for WAY less money. Most all football players retire in better health than coal miners who retire.
Yes and nearly every other job in which health is sacrificed is FAR more important than entertaining people through your physical demise. I may be in the minority, but my health and wellbeing doesn't have a price.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
From a front office standpoint, if they dump Cam, that really frees up a ton of money to both pay McCaffrey what he deserves and go after some good replacements.
They'll pay CMC what he deserves and it may break the RB contract record but I doubt, relatively speaking, that it will be as much as we all think because of the short shelf life of NFL RB's (the lowest of any position in the NFL).

It may be a pipedream but if I were Carolina, I would do everything in my power to boost my draft position in order to have a shot at Burrow. A QB is the #1 need currently and on top of that, you just hired the guy that made him a Heisman Trophy winning QB. He'll know Joe Brady's system and he'll already be ahead of the game. I'm throwing the kitchen sink to try and get that pick.

Last edited:

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
It may be a pipedream but if I were Carolina, I would do everything in my power to boost my draft position in order to have a shot at Burrow. A QB is the #1 need currently and on top of that, you just hired the guy that made him a Heisman Trophy winning QB. He'll know Joe Brady's system and he'll already be ahead of the game. I'm throwing the kitchen sink to try and get that pick.

If I was Cincinnati, I would do anything to sucker a team like Carolina into a trade that would get a bunch of future #1 picks and their best players. While everyone is going wild over Burrows, he was just an average QB until the right coordinator came along. He broke the championship TD record of Heisman trophy winner Matt Leinart. The NFL is filled with Heisman busts. There is no guarantee that his skills will transfer well in the NFL. Or that Brady's schemes will transfer to the NFL.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
I dont think there is anything you could give Cincy for their no1 pick.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Crappie_Hunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I would usually agree to trade up if you really need a QB, put the Panthers have so many needs right now, especially at O line, they need as many picks as they can get. Need to shore up O Line, D line, need a solid number 2 corner, and need LB help too.

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor

He's not an old man sacrificing his health...........he's 28 and probably has another 60'ish years to live. He's doing it right! He's going out by his own decision rather than being carted off the field.

Football is not a 3-month job. It's the rigors and sweat of 12 months.