LR Scope Options

Downeast

Twelve Pointer
I'm looking for a decent LR scope for around one 1K.

FFP, matching turret and reticle, zero-stop, and half-way decent glass. I have mixed feelings about Vortex. I understand that they have a great warranty, customer service is second to none, and most of their products are returned to the factory for repairs or replacement. :confused:

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
FFP and around a thousand is going to be tough I think with anything but Vortex. Is it just a target scope?

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Even used your going to be hard pressed to get glass with all those features for 1k. Mark 4s dont have the zero stop and the lower end generally dont have matched m5 turrets. NF scopes have the zero stop but those close to your budget will be 2nd focal not FFP. Other than Vortex the only option i know of thats not a crap shoot is a Bushnell Elite series, cant recall if they have a zero stop feature but of those id definitely go with a Vortex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maverick9110e

No issues with my vortex viper PST which is where you'd be looking at scope range most likely. Over known several others who will beat it up without issue. FFP is going to jack the cost up on any scope you look at. Bushnell elite like the others have mentioned might be worth a look.

deerhunter28

Ten Pointer
I would look for a used Nightforce.
Probably will be a little over your budget but there 0 stop is the best.
Snipers hide classifieds is your friend.

Downeast

Twelve Pointer
Thanks for the replies. I found the Burris XTR II 5-25x50mm for $1100 and it has all of the features. I just don't know whether they are worth the money?

My main use is for LR shooting and load development but I do plan to "bean field" hunt with it on occasion.

Last edited:

Downeast

Twelve Pointer
Burris MTAC scopes are on sale for under $600. No zero stop though. Anyone have any experience with them?