Lowrance

buckshot32182

Eight Pointer
Help me out, what are they best for? Hoped to do more bottom fishing this year for those days when we aren't getting the mahi or tuna. It's a lot of money and I need all the help I can get. Thinking about getting Lowrance HDS-7M Gen2

jab0106

Ten Pointer
gen2 models are falling in $$ due to the gen3. some really nice units are going cheap now. use them so see the bottom as if you were down there. lol. you can literally find a fish in a tree top, a sunken boat, a pebble pile, a grass bed, whatever is down there. should assist bottom fishing tremendously.

i have a gen 2 5" and 7" and would get the touch models with the lss built in if were buying now. but i just might get a 5hdi w map at bps tomorrow for 350 to go on the small boat. :D

Jlewis74

Old Mossy Horns
If you go with their new down imaging you can pretty much see the fish that are below you, not sure how deep it works I am more used to it in shallow fresh water.

jab0106

Ten Pointer
once you get it set correctly it will amaze you. if you have trouble getting that clear underwater photo look, talk to the guys on bbc and they will hook you up.