Lowrance Elite 9TI2

CountryRN

Twelve Pointer
Hey guys, I am looking to drastically upgrade my boat electronics soon. The unit I have been looking at is the Lowrance Elite 9 TI2. Is there anyone that can give me info on the good the bad and the ugly (other than the price) about the unit. I could possibly make due with the 7 inch model but am not sure if the screen will be a little small for trying to maximize the potential of the unit.
Looking forward to what y'all have to say.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
I have the Hook2 9 and a hook2 7
Not up on the models you are looking but mine work great and do what I need.
I will say this they do not network but Im not a fan of adding all the extra crap.
Seen guys that have one unit that does everything, if one thing happens it could and would knock out everything you need.
Mine are about one year old, at some point in 1 to 2 years I plan to replace on of them with a 12" or bigger. I do like the screen size of the larger unit. Several on here pushed me to go larger on the screen.. very happy I did.

Crappie_Hunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I don't have any experience with the Elite model Lowrance units but I use the HDS touchscreen units and have found them to be very user friendly and intuitive. Again I can't speak to specifics with that unit but I find Lowrance units very user friendly.

Loganwayne

Ten Pointer
I’ve got an HDS 9 unit buddy has a 7” wishes he would have got a 9”
If you plan on upgrading your trolling motor getting an HDS Hands down. If you troll it’s night and day difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quackNcluck

Six Pointer
I just put the Elite 7Ti on my Skiff, it is great. It features side imaging, down scan, GPS, over 3k waypoints so on and so on. The touch screen is really nice also. The one thing to consider is getting the software chip, I got the Navionics package which ran another $120 but C-Map is the best (runs around $150). That chip will enable you to see all the contours, old roadbeds, hazard areas etc. on any body of water made or controlled by the Army Corps of Engineers. Hard to beat a Lowrance IMO

nekkedducker

Ten Pointer
I like lowrance never had any issues with them, although they sometimes arent the most user friendly if youre not used to running them on manual. Look into simrad. If i underatnd right, they are all the same parent company but the simrads are super user friendly with touch screen. Im going with a GO7 or GO9 this fall when i upgrade. Ive seen the GO7 with total scan transducer and cmap card for $700.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I was in the if it wasn't Lowrance it wasn't going to be on my boat camp for years. I switched several years ago because of a fall out with CS and my last unit is a Garmin simply because I was curious. I will say I have been pleasantly surprised. I knew their CS was first class and they have been but the unit itself is great. Brilliant reception and detail. I really like it.

Last edited:

CountryRN

Twelve Pointer
Thanks guys for the reports. I have been keeping an eye on the different options. I have some Cabelas points to burn. Just waiting a bit longer to build some more up and to see if a promotion card will come.