Low Water Bridge Public Fishing Area

Donovan

Spike
Hey guys, quick question. I was looking in the NC Wildlife Fishing Access guide and came across a spot in Troy that I was thinking I might give a peek with the kiddo. It's the Low Water Bridge Public Fishing Area. Granted, given the rain, I'll probably have to wait a month for it to actually be low water so I'm not yelling at Noah for messing up my fishing when he goes ripping by in his ark, but I digress. What I was wondering is, has anyone been there? Decent place? Fished it? Guide says there's smallies there, but eh...I'm dubious.

Also, it seems to have a fairly rocky bottom, thought I might throw in a mud bug trap or two while I was fishing...if it's worth the trip...

Tell me, oh wise community....what's the story with this spot? Worth the 30 minute drive?

stilker

Old Mossy Horns
Take your kayak it's worth the drive,you won't catch a ton of fish but there's a little bit of everything there,I've heard small mouths are there but probably really scarce.

Donovan

Spike
Take your kayak it's worth the drive,you won't catch a ton of fish but there's a little bit of everything there,I've heard small mouths are there but probably really scarce.

Yeah, don't have a kayak or a boat of any sort. Is there bank access?

Donovan

Spike
Yeah, I'm around Tuckertown quite a bit, actually. Was kind of wanting to try somewhere new. I fish some of the little creeks by the dam, managed to miss an NCARP certificate on a shellcracker by an inch....which is a metaphor for my life.

stilker

Old Mossy Horns
Yeah, I'm around Tuckertown quite a bit, actually. Was kind of wanting to try somewhere new. I fish some of the little creeks by the dam, managed to miss an NCARP certificate on a shellcracker by an inch....which is a metaphor for my life.
Morrow mountain has a bunch of shoreline if your up for a little hike you can get away from people...so has uwharries main area off 109, you can fish uwharrie river or badin lake.

warhorse

Eight Pointer
I have a couple friends that wade the uwharrie and do pretty good with the smallmouth contrary to claims I see on here and elsewhere that there isn't much of a fishery there.

Crappie_Hunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
To warhorses' claim... I have caught small mouth in Tillery. Specifically up river where the Uwharrie River dumps into Tillery.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
I've seen pictures of smallmouth that looked as big as 3-4 pounds from the Uwharrie.

Seems some nice ones in there but how common they are, I don't know.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
One of My Biggest Smallies came from the Uwharrie and it was over 4lbs. Roanoke bass in there as well but you got to know how and where.