Low Country Boil Foil Packs

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor

I cooked 6 packs of these for our cub scout camp out last weekend. I was skeptical but they were excellent and tasted like the real thing. Highly recommend it.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Thanks for the heads-up GSO. My wife fixed it last night and it was great. She loved the easy prep and clean up and said we would be doing that on a regular basis.

LanceR

Six Pointer
Contributor
Looks good. I'll have to see about adding this to the camping rotation...

Lance

KTMan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Made this Sunday night. I added mushrooms to mine. You are right about parboiling potatoes. Mine where a little crunchy. My son said it needed more Old Bay. I covered mine in old bay. Others I used light old bay.

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Made this Sunday night. I added mushrooms to mine. You are right about parboiling potatoes. Mine where a little crunchy. My son said it needed more Old Bay. I covered mine in old bay. Others I used light old bay.
My potatoes ended up tender but they were sliced very thin and were probably on the fire a little longer than the instructions. Cant hurt to parboil them before.

ncscrubmaster

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
This is the way to go. I've been doing the regular boil for years. The flavor was so much better. I used some little potatoes from lowes food instead of the normal red potatoes. They were the best part and had no trouble getting them done. I did cook about ten minutes longer but I had alot on the grill. Try it we may never go back to the boil.