Lovers/Haters, snake

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I don’t have a problem with snakes as long as I know where they are. Don’t like a surprise.

Poisonous ones get a free dose. I’m not snake friendly....just tolerant.

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
I don’t have a problem with snakes as long as I know where they are. Don’t like a surprise.

Poisonous ones get a free dose. I’m not snake friendly....just tolerant.

I like snakes will handle safe ones and avoid the dangerous ones.

Scariest moment of my hunting career was a fresh cutdown. I climbed in a big ole log pile for cover. It was sizable and once settled I heard the very clear distinct rattling none of us ever want to hear. He was down at the bottom somewhere never saw it as I headed out of there as fast as I could.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Buddy in Tn sent me a vid Friday of a very large timber rattler. I asked him if he gave it a nap to which he replied nope. He was running dogs.

Idiot went right back in the same general area Sat, yep he got a dog popped. He told me yesterday that if the dog lives it was going to be a VERY expensive lesson.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
I cant see the link because I'm not on Facebook, but others may be able to.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I am in the process of mowing pastures now, I just saw one of if not the biggest black snake I have ever seen. He is lucky twice over, one my old yaller cur dog is gone, as he would have been with me and he didn't cull anything in the snake dept, and two he was right beside my old chicken pen. I just got out of the chicken business for the first time in over 20 years and I am sure he would have been in their nest and swallowed one of the golf balls I used for nest eggs, that would have been a death sentence for him/her in a few days. But I made sure to cut the mower off and not chew him up and he made it on safe. The fescue where he was was almost waist tall to me so I imaging he was after rats.