Lost hunting land

high ridge archer

Four Pointer
Me and my brother just recently lost our hunting land that we have been hunting all our lives, ( seems to be happening to everybody this year). We are desperately searching for a lease or club to join in the foothill area. Both very responsible trophy minded hunters. We both travel for work and dont get to hunt very much due to our jobs. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

BigCountry40

Six Pointer
How close you to Butner archery only game land. I were closer I would get rid of my lease and hunt that exclusively. I only say that because you are a bow hunter and don't get to hunt very often.

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
I am loosing all three of mine to developers. The joys of hunting near developing areas. I am thinking of just traveling to hunt this year.

DJinNC

Banned
I am loosing all three of mine to developers. The joys of hunting near developing areas. I am thinking of just traveling to hunt this year.

If you are in or around Wake/Granville/Franklin/Durham and mostly bow hunt.................. PLENTY of opportunities. I thought about joining a club, but I hunt archery zones here and can count on my hand how many people I see. There are spots all throughout even in city limits of Raleigh, Cary, Durham.

Last edited:

Cheese

Six Pointer
^^My understanding on that is that you cannot discharge a bow in city limits in Raleigh or Cary. Durham is close to passing urban archery but I'm not confident I know it has passed or not....

BigCountry40

Six Pointer
^^My understanding on that is that you cannot discharge a bow in city limits in Raleigh or Cary. Durham is close to passing urban archery but I'm not confident I know it has passed or not....

I would take my chances and ask for forgiveness, if you have permission to be on the property and use common sense, police/law enforcement will most likely leave you alone. You always got to watch out for that one couple that watch out the window and are worried about everything happening in the their neighborhood.

DJinNC

Banned

Read the guidance, specifically states rules relaxed for archery use on Jordan and Butner-falls open to hunting. Benefit of the bow....