Lost Dog

shotgunner

Ten Pointer
My daughter had this dog (male) show up where she is staying. Hung around a couple of days so she felt like it could not find it's way home. She had to get it in a fenced in area and take another dog to get her hands on it. So he is pretty shy. The dog showed up not far from the field trial grounds on Sand Hills game lands. Please share with anyone who might know the owner. Has a collar but no name plate. Send me a PM if you need more info.

Attachments

• Lost Dog.JPEG
    Lost Dog.JPEG
    266.2 KB · Views: 68

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I can't say a word about the no name tag. I pulled up to a guy that was hunting with us Sat. and asked if he had one of my dogs in his truck. (my tracking system said he did). He said no, I have so and so's dog that doesn't have a name tag, you have a dog with no name tag? I said nope but my stuff says she is here. I got back in my truck and switched on my alternative system and it said she was there also. I got out and said lets look. Sure enough it was my dog. 90 mins earlier when I dumped her out she had name tags on both collars.

Now how in the world she pulled rivets on both collars name tags I have no idea but she did (I am saying this with a big ?) but it happens. I promptly got her out and switched collars. And I am not saying in any way shape nor form that the guy that had her was trying to make off with her. He isn't that kind of guy.

• Wow
Reactions: DRS

shotgunner

Ten Pointer
Yeah weird stuff happens. Feel certain he is someones, not a dump job, but no clue how to find out. All I can think is someone is going to have a miserable Christmas worrying about their dog. We have posted on FB, I texted 2 guys that run down that way with 2 different clubs and my daughter is going to try and get up with some of the local clubs. Please share as much as possible.

wildcat3

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Ill ask some of the local guys at the club tomorrow and see if anyone they know is missing a dog. Almost certain none of our guys have one missing.

wildcat3

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Where is the post on Facebook, I'll share it. Got right many buddies in Richmond County area

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
You need to check at the club house of DC Blue to see if it is one of their dogs..club isnt too far from Field trials....jut through the woods and across the creek on Roseland rd. near intersection of THunder RD. also lots of guys were runnin dogs on the sandhills right before the 15th as deer season went out then. Could be anyones but I would check with DC Blue first then Albermarle ........

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
There was a group running right adjacent to the field trial area the last evening and just about all of them are from the Lumberton area. Heck the dog could be anyone’s. I am betting with no tracking collar and no tag on the collar it has on most likely it has had its tracking collar removed and been relocated intentionally and not by the owner happens quite often. Pictures on the running dog pages will be what gets it back to its owner.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Good looking dog for sure. I always said when it came to picking out puppies, pick good looking ones. If they don’t hunt worth anything, at least they look good.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
deer season on Sandhills GL went out on the 12th

I know but depending on how the weekends falls on certain years it can go out the 15th ......no later than the 15th but it can be earlier. we always use the 15th as the benchmark when the dog hunters are gone as some years it is the 15th.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
I was talking this year

the dog was wandering this year,,,not last or next year
whatever, I use it as a benchmark that no deer hunting is allowed after the 15th.....yes you are correct but in any given year it can be from the 11th, or 12 to the 15th. it is just a good rule if you want the hunt the sandhills and not have dogs run through then your best chance is after the 15th.....you can still have dogs run through from neighboring private land (it doesnt bother me) but odds are lower after the 15th. The hunts clubs hit some spots hard right before it goes out. Carry on.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
whatever, I use it as a benchmark that no deer hunting is allowed after the 15th.....yes you are correct but in any given year it can be from the 11th, or 12 to the 15th. it is just a good rule if you want the hunt the sandhills and not have dogs run through then your best chance is after the 15th.....you can still have dogs run through from neighboring private land (it doesnt bother me) but odds are lower after the 15th. The hunts clubs hit some spots hard right before it goes out. Carry on.
Still going to have dogs, full of squirrel hunters road hunting. There was 9 truck loads of them setting at the BP at lunch Sat.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
yes but i am talking about deer dogs. they dont bother me but you dont see squirrel hunters with 10 dogs let out at once.
No, not 10 but I am seeing 3-4 with orange vests running up and down the roads at a time. Kinda makes me shake my head when I see it. I am glad for the most part they just know about the main parts and roads to the place.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor

yes, generalization

but you said, in talking about this specific dog,,, that

lots of guys were runnin dogs on the sandhills right before the 15th as deer season went out then.

but hey, I get it solidly

and hopefully the dog of this thread finds home, but likely won't

sadly, seen two beagles dead on 15/501 through the gamelands,, sad to see

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Where is the post on Facebook, I'll share it. Got right many buddies in Richmond County area

second that - where in facebook?

and concur with @nccatfisher - very possibly the crowd from Robeson county that hunts up this way - though most (if not all) of their dogs have collars (tracking and regular)

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Thought we had it last night, one lost in Moore county pretty close to where it was found. Male tri-colored only will let owner catch. Figured we had a ringer, but owner saw pic, nope not him.