Lost a best friend today

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Sorry to hear that. As corny as I originally thought it was…that saying makes sense: “I aspire to be like the man my dogs think I am.” Good looking dogs in the pic

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
Lost an old good girl today. RIP Daisy.
She’s survived by her brother in the background.
What a great dog and great friend . She will be missed.

I have sometimes thought of the final cause of dogs having such short lives and I am quite satisfied it is in compassion to the human race; for if we suffer so much in losing a dog after an acquaintance of ten or twelve years, what would it be if they were to live double that time?

– Sir Walter Scott

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
Sucks when they go!!! Can never replace any of your fur babies, no matter how you try. Irreplaceable!!! I know mine have been. Sorry for you loss!!!

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Very sorry for your loss. Our pets can certainly have a huge place in our hearts and lives.

SpellNC9

Six Pointer
Thanks guys, I feel horrible, my kids are a mess, my 13 year old daughter found her this afternoon. She looked asleep but she wasn’t able to wake her up.
When I got home 15 minutes later she looked so peaceful. No suffering, just went to sleep and went with God. What a great dog. She will be greatly missed.

ncscrubmaster

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I have been in your shoes. It was a year ago on the 7th. Sorry for your loss. I wanted to post my Cody Lees story but can’t get through it.

BigBow

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I am so sorry for your families loss. Daisy & her brother are such pretty & handsome Beagles. We have owned four Beagles in the last 35 years. They are a great breed. How old was Daisy? It is such a blessing that she passed away painlessly in her sleep. Fortunately you still have her brother to love & spoil. My condolences.

TheCloudX

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Sorry for your loss! We lost our lab and mutt last year and still miss them. It's sad we don't them longer in our lives.

Daisy looked like a beautiful beagle. I'm sure she was well loved. Sorry for your loss, our thoughts and prayers are with yall.

SpellNC9

Six Pointer
I am so sorry for your families loss. Daisy & her brother are such pretty & handsome Beagles. We have owned four Beagles in the last 35 years. They are a great breed. How old was Daisy? It is such a blessing that she passed away painlessly in her sleep. Fortunately you still have her brother to love & spoil. My condolences.
They are 11, turning 12 in June .

BigBow

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Hank was 8 & Allie was 13 y.o. when she passed 4/2021. Both rescues. FB_IMG_1622517287103.jpg2nd pic is Lexie 1.5 y.o. I did not know if we would get another after Allie passed, but we need another Beagle around. They are such sweet dogs w/ such good dispositions. I know your & your family are sad, but Daisy will never be forgotten.20220112_131659.jpg