Looking to join a year around hunt club East of I-95

Outerbanker

Button Buck
Looking to join a year around hunt club East of I-95 in NE NC or SE VA. Prefer a club where dogs aren't used and knuckle heads don't shoot everything in sight. Primarily a bow hunter but will pull out the rifle in December and the shotgun in the spring. Small groups preferred. Ready and willing to put in some sweat-equity. Any input appreciated.

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I know this is an old post, not sure if you've found what you're looking for already, but it's gonna be a tough job finding one with no dogs east of 95. That's pretty much the preferred method around here.

A little advice if you don't mind: Don't rule out a dog club for bowhunting, especially if it's a large club, they can't hunt everywhere at once. When I lived in Craven County I joined Turkey Neck Hunt Club. It was primarily a dog club but I found plenty of morning/afternoon stands where I never heard a single bark....

82ndAirborneVet

Four Pointer
I know this is an old post, not sure if you've found what you're looking for already, but it's gonna be a tough job finding one with no dogs east of 95. That's pretty much the preferred method around here.

A little advice if you don't mind: Don't rule out a dog club for bowhunting, especially if it's a large club, they can't hunt everywhere at once. When I lived in Craven County I joined Turkey Neck Hunt Club. It was primarily a dog club but I found plenty of morning/afternoon stands where I never heard a single bark....
Thank you for the advice, even on an older post, and that is what I was more then likely going to have to do but I was able to find a still hunting club. I am excited about it and the group of guys associated with it. Good hunting!

buckshooter

Old Mossy Horns
Lots of people kinda frown on dogs running a deer. I know of more than one hunter who has killed a really nice buck still hunting.

Some not even still hunting really. But what I like to call " back-standing" the dogs.

82ndAirborneVet

Four Pointer
Lots of people kinda frown on dogs running a deer. I know of more than one hunter who has killed a really nice buck still hunting.

Some not even still hunting really. But what I like to call " back-standing" the dogs.
I don't frown on it. I love to hear the dogs running, honestly more for rabbits than anything b/c I grew up with dad running beagles so we were right there on top the action, but I just like the stillness and quiet of still hunting deer. It is my time away from it all. That is why there are choices. I would never want to take that away from the guys who like doing it. God made those dogs to run, I hope no lawmaker ever takes it away.

Outerbanker

Button Buck

Thanks for your input. I'm still searching. It's looking like another year grinding on public land.

buckshooter

Old Mossy Horns
I don't frown on it. I love to hear the dogs running, honestly more for rabbits than anything b/c I grew up with dad running beagles so we were right there on top the action, but I just like the stillness and quiet of still hunting deer. It is my time away from it all. That is why there are choices. I would never want to take that away from the guys who like doing it. God made those dogs to run, I hope no lawmaker ever takes it away.

I totally agree with you.