looking to get back into it

bgbuckdwn

Got out of surf fishing a few years ago due to not having the time or money to make the trips to the coast. I have gotten rid of almost all of my gear except 2 spinning set ups that I use on family vacation. Well I've ordered a couple new bait casters and will be needing some rods to mount them to. Who is making the best rods right now? Not looking to spend $300 on a rod, but maybe spend that on 2.

manybeards

Ten Pointer
Shimano is a good middle of the road graphite stik....... You can get two of them at Neuse Sport Shop in Kinston for about $250. They have them in spinning and casting. Not in the same class as Falcon or G Loomis,so you'll lose some sensativity. But,you'll be happy enough.............

Dale

Shimano owns Loomis, any of the high end rods made in the US are Loomis built...

check with Tommy Farmer, at the Carolina Cast Pro forum at the site below he handles his own line of rods that are top of the line for the price...

http://www.pierandsurf.com

Last edited:

LawDog

Ten Pointer
I have had good luck with St Croix rods...the upper model ones have a lifetime warranty. I have broken a couple of them and got replacements with no questions asks.

bgbuckdwn

thanks for the responses, I actually did what I usually do and jump in over my head and went to a custom rod builder and am having 3 custom rods built as we speak.