Looking To Buy Trail Cam(s) Suggestions

highclimber

Old Mossy Horns
My ole Cuddeback, finally crapped out on me. Looking for something Camo'd. I don't necessarily need video. Looked at Brownings, but saw a lot of negative reviews, about, not taking pics, at the distance, factory says it would.
What do you have, how do you like it, and what brands would you stay away from?
Would like something reasonably priced, and easy set up.

Thanks

Last edited:

302cj

Old Mossy Horns
I don't think the night pics are clear as what you had but this is what I have for last 2 years. Bushnell trophy. Works great if you set the date correct!

Attachments

• IMG_3398.PNG
    IMG_3398.PNG
    353 KB · Views: 24

bowhuntingrook

Old Mossy Horns
Distance wouldn't be my main priority when choosing a camera, it's likely most brands are lying or fudging that distance stat and unless on a field I've never needed long distance. Many will detect at 75ft but if you can't tell what it is, it doesn't matter. If that's only complaint about Browning they are doing good, all I've heard is good things about the Browning cameras.

My priority is first to get a camera that works undetected. The "black" cams. Last thing I want to do is spend money to educate and spook deer with flashes or click sounds. Then I want good customer service and battery life. Then good trigger speed and picture quality. I'm moving to cell cams now but I still really like the Covert MP8 black cameras. Next will be some Brownings or Reconyx for video.

Wildgame innovations is garbage. Doesn't matter if someone has one that worked for 5 years, they are garbage.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Aaron H

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I switched to Bushnell Trophy Cam Agressors this year and have been very pleased with them. I bought 20 mp cams and one 24 mp. Pictures are sharp for trail cameras I think and they run a long time on a set of batteries. These pictures are just as the cameras took them- not all shots are as sharp as these but mostly.04050192.jpg04120030.jpg

Crappie man

Six Pointer
I’ve been running 4 of the Browning Strike Force and one Special Ops for the past 3-4 years, Unless they changed this years model the Strike Force will not take but about a 1/4 of the pictures compared to the Special Ops with both cameras on the same tree. I’ve tried it with all four with the same results. The colder the temperature the more they miss.Cameras usually set up 15-20 ft.

poppop

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Try the Snyper black flash Sapper. Amazon has them for $88 the last time I checked. Pick you up a warranty for a few dollars also. Their Customer service sucks. But at that price they are disposable. They are awesome cameras.