looking good

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
So Earl and I were out early today scouting a beaver job,,,,, (keep the jokes to yourself),,,,,,,,

while at the pond, could hear a bird hammering from the tree,,,,

then stopped at Nic's to get a bologna and egg biscuit (thick sliced bologna, fresh egg, on a fresh out of the oven biscuit made by them fine Lumbee cooks he has!),,,

driving down a country road on the way home seen two hens and tom strutting his stuff for them,,,,

life is good

Guybo

Eight Pointer
then stopped at Nic's to get a bologna and egg biscuit (thick sliced bologna, fresh egg, on a fresh out of the oven biscuit made by them fine Lumbee cooks he has!)

Nic does have some pretty good food, i work for DOT and stop by there quite often when we're working in that section of the county. I don't know who slices the bologna but they must be half asleep when they do because sometimes it as thick as the biscuit lol.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Nic does have some pretty good food,

my youngest daughter has had us "deliver" Nic's chicken to her since she moved out of state,,, if she is at home, that is a mandatory stop,,, she loves their chicken,, but only from the Wagram store,,,

Fridays they do a decent fish fry,,,

I know, not the standard many on here enjoy with them fancy big city restaurants, but ever since the semi crashed into the rib joint, Nic's is all we have local!!

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
It really is looking good.
Poult sighting tales abound.
Glorious weather for the early hatchers. 9 days of hot clear weather forecast.
And encounters with strutters and henned up gobblers.

:greenjump: :party::)

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
When working southeast, we used to hit one of them up all of the time. Anytime around Maxton, Laurinburg, Scotland county....it’s pretty good at any/all of them.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Had one gobble three times about ten today. and me with no call.
Can you say DA?
I know from experience that the easiest turkeys to play with all year are heard while fishing around memorial day.
We came back by him about an hr and a half later and he had no interest in any locator sound i could muster.
Serves me right.
he better get to work for sure. They were mowing hay like crazy one field away. :) He may need to donate some more seed.

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
All the hay is on the ground at the home place and no buzzards circling. I have toured the fields on the 4 wheeler and see no evidence of carnage. Looks like we got lucky this year.