looking forward to traveling for a fall season next year,,,

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
haven't even been spring hunting yet, but already looking forward to going somewhere next fall,,,

Earl has about "taught" himself how to bust a flock,,,been on two in the last week,,,busted both well,,,

now to teach him to lay (he knows 'down') still next to me and we are set,,,

this fellow is fun!

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Now that sounds like ball I once seen fella carry little camo cloth with him put in on dogs back after bust it was what calmed his dog to lay still during all the lost yelps that followed

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
haven't even been spring hunting yet, but already looking forward to going somewhere next fall,,,

Earl has about "taught" himself how to bust a flock,,,been on two in the last week,,,busted both well,,,

now to teach him to lay (he knows 'down') still next to me and we are set,,,

this fellow is fun!
I thought busting the flock just came natural. Laying still with those big old birds closing in is where the training is needed.

I tried it once in PA. As a flusher, my Boykin thought busting flocks was awesome. He scattered them with gusto. I did get him to lay down halfway decent too while we called, but we couldn't bring them back in. I don't know what would have happened if he actually saw them coming back in though.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I thought busting the flock just came natural. Laying still with those big old birds closing in is where the training is needed.

I expect so, why I said “teach himself”

and yes,,,that sitting still with inbound turkeys is the hard part i expect - but we will have fun trying!