Looking for one

Contenderv07

Six Pointer
ok since my wife is getting her bow on friday (anniversary present), I have some time to look around and find one for me (new or used). This will be my first bow so I don't want anything outrageously high, but don't want a piece of junk I'll just replace in a year. Here are the ones I'm looking at.
1. Mission Ballistic
2. Hoyt Charger
3. Bear Domain
4. Bear Method
5. PSE x-force drive

Or just get a higher dollar one used???

Thanks for any help!!

Contenderv07

Six Pointer
I would usually get used but since this is my first bow I'd like to have some sort of instruction.. But how old of a used one should I get and any recommendations??

bowhuntingrook

Old Mossy Horns
I would get a 2013 with complete setup from a reputable person or dealer. Less chance for abuse and won't have to replace string anytime soon.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Best advice I can give ya is go and shoot as many different bows as you can at pro-shops and then look for a solid used bow fully outfited that suits you, Archerytalk has a really good classified section for bows and they police themselves fairly well to avoid scammers. While I could make a few suggestions, and all of the bows you listed are good rigs, what feels good to you is more important than anything else in deciding what bow to get. You can get a top of the line flagship bow fully rigged from 2013 for about the same price as what you'll be looking at for buying some of those mid level bows you listed brand new, good luck with it!!!!

Contenderv07

Six Pointer
Thanks for the replies everyone!! My wife and I are heading to pick hers up on Friday so maybe I'll get a chance to try some. Oh and I just joined archery talk and see what they have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SM270

Ten Pointer
The charger is a nice bow with a great draw. Like said before dont over look an Elite. And also the Bear methos is nice as well. Many great people on here to deal with on getting you a bow and getting it set the way you need it. Shoot as many as you can before deciding

Contenderv07

Six Pointer
Yea what I did was look at reviews and such and came up with that list but I've never shot anything. It's hard to start from 0 with no experience in any of it, so these another brands and models are just what I need!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk