Looking for IMR 4831

Redeye

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I haven't reloaded in a few years but need to reload a few rounds for a .300 Weatherby Magnum. Last time I had great success with IMR 4831, but I'm unable to find any. I've found some online (I thought) but got scammed. Im getting my $ back but still pisses me off. Anyone know where a pound or two could be had? I'm in the W-S area and not afraid to drive a little. I'd order online if I could find a vendor I'd trust.

Redeye

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Thanks a lot Kenny! I appreciate it my friend. Im recovering from shoulder surgery, as soon as my surgeon gives me the ok to get back on the bike, ill surely come see ya if you have a pound to spare.

spinnerbaitor48

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Went to hickory gun show this morn...there were maybe 10 lbs total of powder and nothing I was looking for......no 357 brass at all...nice to have people on here help ya out!

Downeast

Twelve Pointer
There are quite a few other powders available for the .300 Bee. I may have some IMR 4831 but I'm a long way from W-S. What grain bullet are you using?

Cyperry

Ten Pointer
Contributor
H4831 will likely do just as good if not better. I have plenty if you’d like to try it.

Tjm1534

Spike
I have tried h4831 and lost about 110 fps,my 7 mag loves Imr. Would take an 8 lb jug or 1 pounders. And yes I’m just outside of Siler City.