Looking for an outfitter in nc

deepbreath

Six Pointer
Wanting to see if any of you guys could recommend a good outfitter in N.C. - I’ve been told to go towards the coast.
My sons love duck hunting and I’ve never been but thinking about going on a trip somewhere with them. Any help would be appreciated.

Clark

Ten Pointer
NC ain't it. Northern tier US mid-west or western states.
Canada unless you are loaded, then Argentina.

Hydemarsh

Six Pointer
The "Coach" is a wise man. with that said, Captain froggy still has openings. I have noticed that his hunt groups are not stopping at the dock to take pictures of kills.

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
you might have better luck looking for a sea duck guide. Action is usually pretty good and guides dont always get booked up

Trappertod

Six Pointer
Fourth Generation Outfitters, Aaron is good people!

Parker Waterfowl also is another good one. Both book fast.

Personally I would try to steer clear of Froggy, been with him too, but the two up above are my first picks for NC hunts.

Trappertod

Six Pointer
I would be leery of any guide who, minus cancelations, still has openings. All the good ones I know have been booked solid since spring.

Except for the ones that hold dates for the swan permit picks, then those guys book pretty fast after the drawing. I always go during the week with the guides I use, just merely because of the volume of people, plus junior gets to skip a day of school which he thinks is cool!

deepbreath

Six Pointer
Except for the ones that hold dates for the swan permit picks, then those guys book pretty fast after the drawing. I always go during the week with the guides I use, just merely because of the volume of people, plus junior gets to skip a day of school which he thinks is cool!
Pm sent - thank you

deepbreath

Six Pointer
Update : I’ve found 2 diff guides (outer banks) that do have a cancellation - one is
Middle of dec
Other is end of dec into January
Which would be better as far as the ducks flying? I know there’s no guarantee just looking for any advice.
Thanks

ducknut

Eight Pointer
December can be kind of a lull. I'd look into January. I know it's too late but I like November. Next year....

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
Ive seen a few good guides post last minute cancelations recently. If you are able that’s a good way to get a decent guide. Follow them on Facebook for updates. For example B&B has one for Monday and I think Green creek had one next week as well.

Snake Oil

Four Pointer
Wanting to see if any of you guys could recommend a good outfitter in N.C. - I’ve been told to go towards the coast.
My sons love duck hunting and I’ve never been but thinking about going on a trip somewhere with them. Any help would be appreciated.
I’ve had luck with Roanoke Rviver Waterfowl. Owner is Clark Purvis..good guy.

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
I would be leery of any guide who, minus cancelations, still has openings. All the good ones I know have been booked solid since spring.
People enter the business and leave the business. There are great outfitters and good ones and poor ones, and great ones can decline and okay ones can improve their operations.