Looking FOR a puppy...

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
Pet for Mama and 2 yr old, deer dog for DaDa. Will stay in the house, so low/no shed is a must, Mama has a hard enough time keeping the house clean as it is:LOL: Would prefer a better nose than *most* walkers, but not be terribly out of place in a pack of em.

Does it even exist, or should I quit looking? I keep going back to plotts, but I don’t want one in the house with Maddie until she’s older.

FireDuck401

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Good luck.
I’ve got a bluetick that’s the sweetest dog I’ve ever seen. Loves people, helluva nose.
But boy she sheds. A lot.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
You will have to get a foo foo type dog to get one that doesn't shed, which means one that has to be groomed. Standard breeds WILL shed, period.

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
You will have to get a foo foo type dog to get one that doesn't shed, which means one that has to be groomed. Standard breeds WILL shed, period.
I understand that, I just don’t want a long haired super shredder. Tell me about them curs.

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
"better nose than *most* walkers"

Well, I recon there is your answer. Might as well give up .🙄
I’ve seen a few outstanding , cold nosed walkers. But they’re the exception, as most are fairly hot nosed. That’s all I meant by that(y)

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I understand that, I just don’t want a long haired super shredder. Tell me about them curs.
The shed like hell, love 'em to death and they are the most loyal dogs alive but twice a year they will shed you enough hair to build you another dog. And they are relatively short haired dogs.

When I have one that comes inside I keep a shedder comb on the porch and I constantly run it through the one that comes inside and I get hand fulls off them daily when they are shedding and I will do that several times a day. That is just to keep my wife at bay, she really has no idea just how much hair I do get off them. We currently don't have one that comes in and haven't since Jan1 of 19 and we still find his hair in places. And my wife keeps this place CLEAN.

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
I’ve seen a few outstanding , cold nosed walkers. But they’re the exception, as most are fairly hot nosed. That’s all I meant by that(y)
I was just pulling strings, couldn't resist. 😁

JONOV

Twelve Pointer
Try a beagle? Nice sweet dogs, don’t shed any less than other dogs but they are smaller so there’s less hair to shed.

timber

Twelve Pointer
If you could find something with about 25% beagle and 75% walker probably give you some speed from the walker side and nose from the beagle. Know some have good luck with that cross. When was bobcat hunting did something simular but used about 1/4 tree stock walker in the cross. Gave nose to trail the cat and still had enough speed to pull up in a race