Looking for a good pair of "belt" binoculars?

Downeast

Twelve Pointer
I spend a lot of time outside rambling around each day and carrying a normal size set of binoculars can be very frustrating (ever tried running a chainsaw or digging a hole with a pair of binoculars hanging around your neck?). So I'm looking for a decent pair that I can slip on my belt so when needed I can pull them out quickly if I happen to see a deer in the field or a bird in a tree. Maybe something in the $300 range or less.

Downeast

Twelve Pointer
I want some that I can slip on my belt first thing in the morning in the same was as my EDC. I just came back from my walk to the mailbox which is close to a mile. Saw a few turkeys and a few songbirds, and some deer but couldn't tell a lot with the naked eye. :mad:

old school

Six Pointer
I've often thought of a monocular for that kind of thing. I know Vortex makes a couple of choices. Anybody got any pros or cons on those? Certainly not like I need anything like that because I have beat around binos and a nicer pair I hunt with.

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
Are you going to be satisfied with binoculars that are able to fit on your belt? I had a small folding pair that were about the size of a pack of cigarettes. Field of view and glass were terrible.
I would opt for a bino harness.

Randy

Ten Pointer
I have a pair of these that I use during turkey season and keep in my truck the rest of the year. They might be a little big to hang on a belt.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
More money than you want but I have a pair like this that fold and compact.
They come in pouch and fit nice on a belt or around the neck.

There are older models you can get used in a better price range.
Not sure of others that are good and this size that are folders.16233511552781495859212.jpg

Downeast

Twelve Pointer
I was looking at those Swarovski's and they are very nice but a bit above my price range. But Vortex has some compact models in both 8 and 10X that are in my price range. I dug around in my junk drawer a few minutes ago and found a 30 plus year old set of Bushnell 7X25's that are still surprisingly clear. And the small case has belt loops. They may work in the short time. I guess most don't know my lifestyle but I am retired and live out in the boonies and I'm working on food plots, trails, stands, ranges, and everything else every day. The first thing I do in the morning is make a pot of coffee, throw on some "not so clean" clothes, slip my EDC on my belt, knife in the pocket, and now hopefully a small compact set of binoculars. Should be good to go! :)

maelstrom

Four Pointer
I've often thought of a monocular for that kind of thing. I know Vortex makes a couple of choices. Anybody got any pros or cons on those? Certainly not like I need anything like that because I have beat around binos and a nicer pair I hunt with.

Ive got Vortex Solo RT Monocular that Ive had for a couple of years that works great. Perfect for the scenario OP is talking about, keep it in the console of my truck and doesnt take up much room.

maelstrom

Four Pointer
Ive got Vortex Solo RT Monocular that Ive had for a couple of years that works great. Perfect for the scenario OP is talking about, keep it in the console of my truck and doesnt take up much room.

Forgot to add that its not very heavy and comes with a decent nylon belt case.