Looking for a club or lease to run bear dogs.

jump dog

Four Pointer
I'm new to bear huntin. Ran coondogs and beagles all my life.
Have 6 hounds that will run a bear.
Looking to join a club or get on a lease to run bears with dogs.
Will pay my share, do my part of the work, just need to get my dogs going. I have a 1 year old and a 3 yr old hound that have seen bears and will run. And 4 pups that are 9 mo. Old that I have started and will tree coons and have been in on a bear race. But did not finish the bear race. All out of bear dogs. I had a start dog I bought but he got killed on the first bear I ever jumped with him. Hard loss.
Any clubs out there willing to take on a member or people needing another person on a lease please get in touch with me. I just want to run bears. Looking for like minded hard core houndsman to do it with.
Thanks!

RJ1

Ten Pointer
Can't help you out this year every club I belong to is full but will keep you in mind if anything opens up.

jump dog

Four Pointer
Thank you!!! Struggling since my start dog got killed in Croatan n.f. ! Not sure how many more mountains I can handle lookin for a bear track. Lol. No bait and cameras makes it tuff on public.

jump dog

Four Pointer
Looking for a club or a lease to run bear dogs with like minded people that love to run hounds. Willing to do my part of the work. Down east preferably. But open to any part of north carolina.

ellwoodjake

Twelve Pointer
Just an FYI, Jumpdog. Here in the western counties, folks are hard-pressed to hunt with someone they don't know REAL well. Operation "Something Bruin" a few years back, really put a damper on bringing outsiders into the fold.

Reactions: RJ1

wildcat3

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Just an FYI, Jumpdog. Here in the western counties, folks are hard-pressed to hunt with someone they don't know REAL well. Operation "Something Bruin" a few years back, really put a damper on bringing outsiders into the fold.

That was in my opinion one of the biggest waste of money, resources and man power I have ever seen.

jump dog

Four Pointer
Yeah, I remember the something brewing fiasco. But I'm not a cop. I just want to run dogs. And public land is eaten up with hunters. Bears are hard to come by on public. So many people rent the small plots of land around it and set up bait barrels and bait the bears off public land. It's hard huntin on those high pressure bears like that. And the dog theives are everywhere on public. I'm just a good old boy trying to find some private to run on with people that love to run much as I do. Cost of lease or club would be well worth it. I need to keep my 6 hounds running bears.

ellwoodjake

Twelve Pointer
Yeah, I remember the something brewing fiasco. But I'm not a cop. I just want to run dogs. And public land is eaten up with hunters. Bears are hard to come by on public. So many people rent the small plots of land around it and set up bait barrels and bait the bears off public land. It's hard huntin on those high pressure bears like that. And the dog theives are everywhere on public. I'm just a good old boy trying to find some private to run on with people that love to run much as I do. Cost of lease or club would be well worth it. I need to keep my 6 hounds running bears.
Yep, that's just what an undercover agent would say to infiltrate the locals :ROFLMAO: