Long Bow

sakoman

Am I the only one on here that still hunts with a stick and string?:wave::wave:

Boojum

Ten Pointer
Nope. I bowhunt with selfbows and bamboo-backed bows that I make myself, homemade river cane or sourwood shoot arrows fletched with wild turkey feathers and deer sinew, and stone points that I knap myself and haft with pine pitch and deer sinew. They still kill deer just like they have for the last 15,000 years.

Last edited:

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
Nope. 50 lb recurve barebow.

I'm thinking of trying out one of my homemade PVC pipe bows, but I really need to know the bow before I try it.

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
Nope. I bowhunt with selfbows and bamboo-backed bows that I make myself, homemade river cane or sourwood shoot arrows fletched with wild turkey feathers and deer sinew, and stone points that I knap myself and haft with pine pitch and deer sinew. They still kill deer just like they have for the last 15,000 years.

I would like to see some
Pictures please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bud B.

Eight Pointer
Yep! Last count I had about 75 total recurves, longbows, to include a couple selfbows. Most of mine are vintage production and mainly Bear recurves.21558723_1988279671454683_2285548873579972764_n.jpg

sakoman

kilerhamaltin if you are thinking about getting into trad bows let me know man I'm in Halifax Co. I can help you bro I've got a few laying around you can come over and shoot before you make a purchase. You want be disappointed , it kind of puts the excitement back into bow shooting and hunting if you have got burnt out on compounds.

willb

Eight Pointer
I have two SKs in 55#. They are great to take on a hunt as a pair using one as a backup. They tune identically.

i bought a 45# Bearpaw Hopi thinking i might be able to shoot a lighter weight a little better but i somehow shoot better with the heavier draw.
the Bearpaw can be sold if you know anyone looking for a nice little bow.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Mine is shelved for the moment. Literally. Tendinitis and young kids made me hang it up for awhile, but I’m hoping to get back to it.

I’m not a collector, but I may get a new one when I start back. 60# @28 x 10,000 put a lot of strain on my elbow.

55ceaffaf6ffa947d201c0c51501d697.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I'm a big fan of longbows.....one piece, takedown, or ILF. They just suit me better.....

Attachments

• Imperial riser.jpg
    Imperial riser.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 84
  • Snakes.jpg
    Snakes.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 84

Bud B.

Eight Pointer
75!!!!!!!!! wow. thats insane. how do you choose which to take?? haha

I have a few that are my hunters. The rest I just enjoy shooting at foam, straw, or old stumps and such in the woods. It is nice to have many styles, options and weights to choose from.

Bud B.

Eight Pointer
Was that on Craigslist a while back? I think I saw that. I have a lefty in 65 model. The grain on yours is VERY nice INDEED!