LIVE... THE FINAL DAY!!

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
Making a sandwich getting ready in Duplin County..

Good Luck to all

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Just got out of the truck. Northern wake co.

Good luck and stay safe everyone.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

bowhuntingrook

Old Mossy Horns
No gobbles, son sleeping in my lap, saw 3 gobblers here around 750 yesterday morning. We'll see what happens.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
87a967e1d5579e325dd6e2e39e4075b9.jpg

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I have heard a couple gobbles on neighboring property. Trying to gently coax them over but no luck so far.

Seen several deer since its not deer season...

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I decided to go back to the Rock this morning. Customers irrigation can wait till after lunch.
Heard 3 so far. One is in the neighbors field Gobbling 500 yards away?

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
Hen between me and Tom. Of course she heads the wrong way with the flock in tow. Hens been leaving to nest about 9, so gonna sit and wait to see what happens.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Why is it the bird that is gobbling the best IS ALWAYS on somebody else's property. Freaking Bullsnap. This happened yesterday down at the club in Scotland county ??

ditchbank

Banned
Having a blast in Halifax, no kills but have been on birds all morning. Toms are hot. Should have killed the first one but a big ditch I didn’t know was there and it stopped him about 75yrds short of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Tried to work 2 birds. Made a big move on one thinking he wouldn’t cross a creek but he did and we can see where he strutted in the road. Never laid eyes on...might slip back out but probably done for the year. Tag soup for dinner

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
After strutting at 100 yards for an hour he decided not to come in but to stroll off....he wanted his hen to come to him...

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I am done. Too hot for me....
Bird was roosted in same spot as one that I shot in 2016 up here but He never made a sound when he hit the ground. The bird farther back gobbled till 8 30am .
This will be my 4th Turkey season since 1995 that I will get skunked. Oh well bring on deer season.... and those Rockingham Bruisers??

ditchbank

Banned
Had a blast in Halifax, but the turkey gods let them
Live one more season. Think I had the most fun today without pulling trigger that I have had in a while. Worked 3 different birds but there was always something working against us, whether it be a ditch, a hen, or our movement. Tons of gobbles. Ready for next season and to get home take a shower and get a case of beer and cook a steak.

Reactions: PG2

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Had a blast in Halifax, but the turkey gods let them
Live one more season. Think I had the most fun today without pulling trigger that I have had in a while. Worked 3 different birds but there was always something working against us, whether it be a ditch, a hen, or our movement. Tons of gobbles. Ready for next season and to get home take a shower and get a case of beer and cook a steak.

Your day sounds about like mine. Also ready for the beer and steak tonight!

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Congrats Billy

Not many folks tag out in May... Those birds are tough in May.