Live Shrimp Around Sneads Ferry/Topsail Island

Thread starter #1
Taking a break from hunting for a day and making a day trip with my dad to chase some speckled trout on the new river. Of all my years fishing offshore out of sneads ferry when when my inlaws had a house there i never remember any shops having live shrimp. I plan to fish with artificials my self but my dad is a more laid back fisherman and prefers a cast and soak technique. Is there anywhere you guys know of that have them? If not ill have the cast net i can net some if i can.

Winnie 70

Four Pointer
In Surf City just before you get on the turning bridge that crosses the inter coastal waterway.....a store called One Stop has live shrimp, mud minnows, bloodworms, etc.

Crappie_Hunter

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Caught a lot of trout last weekend (Shallotte river)... gulp new penny on a red jig head was the best but did catch several on a silver/char. vudu as well. I didn't use a cork, my brother and dad did.... we caught about the same amount. Most were in the 12"-14" range but we did catch several keepers.

Ya'll should be able to get one some, they were chompin last week!

Thread starter #9
Appreciate all the info. We decided to skip on the live bait and used artificials. We tried everything in the box today and couldn't even get a bite. Like always when I head east to fish they get lock jaw.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

HotSoup

Six Pointer
Appreciate all the info. We decided to skip on the live bait and used artificials. We tried everything in the box today and couldn't even get a bite. Like always when I head east to fish they get lock jaw.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Dont worry you could quarantine a flounder for a month with no food and I still couldn't catch one...its why I just stab them in the middle of the night