Live from the stand 9/16

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Well, almost.....back at the house now. I do not spend much time on the phone in the stand but noticed no one had started a thread this morning when I got back to the house.

Was set up in an oak grove and the whites have acorns but nothing falling yet. Squirrels not cutting them yet either. Beautiful morning in the woods, nothing moving but a few squirrels though.

zbrady

Four Pointer
Went out this morning. Had 3 come in right before 8. Couldn't get all the way around with my harness and missed a nice doe. Going back out later this week.

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
Nothin but squirrels this am on Pisgah. Found plenty of white oaks.

found this. Wore out the last two days.View attachment 50498
Caught me off guard. Sure enough, big tracks stomped into it. And maybe a doe or two had come by. Found 4 scrapes from last year in the same little saddle.

went ahead and hung a lock-on I had stashed over there. Dang musket season opens in a couple weeks and the deer are pretty spread out right now with the acorns.

BASSFAN07

Twelve Pointer
I saw 5 bucks this morning in Chatham coming to corn. All stayed and ate at least 15 minutes still in small groups. First group right at daylight was 2 basket 8’s. Then around 8am 1-5ptr 1
f17684ceaefd826a496bb7dfa01ce5d0.jpg

basket 8’s and a good 3 year old 8. Heading back this evening.
2d4611fcc55fe6caec095318910b9b71.jpg

Biggest of the lot
8fcbd84c04166a41e5b720326c767a3e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
I saw 5 bucks this morning in Chatham coming to corn. All stayed and ate at least 15 minutes still in small groups. First group right at daylight was 2 basket 8’s. Then around 8am 1-5ptr 1
f17684ceaefd826a496bb7dfa01ce5d0.jpg

basket 8’s and a good 3 year old 8. Heading back this evening.
2d4611fcc55fe6caec095318910b9b71.jpg

Biggest of the lot
8fcbd84c04166a41e5b720326c767a3e.jpg

Is your corn poured out in some secret message or just some sick game of Bingo?? The won standing on Bingo gets shot?😂😂

BASSFAN07

Twelve Pointer
Is your corn poured out in some secret message or just some sick game of Bingo?? The won standing on Bingo gets shot?[emoji23][emoji23]

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]
No I just poured it out in lines to keep it spread out and to be less enticing to the bears I had coming around. Then I poured a straight line out from the camera so it does look strange like a ball field.

dfitzy

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I was able to sneak away and am up in a tree on public. Beautiful evening this far. Good luck all

I had a nice hang this morning in Wake. Only saw squirrels and birds tho. Wish I could be out there now before the rain comes. However this idiot broke his bow a few hours after that photo was taken. That poor peep sight had a short life, never to be seen again :sick:
Good to get some tree climbing in the dark practice. Really liking the 1 stick method and the predator platform. Really glad I switched to that setup.

Attachments

• IMG_20200916_070933804.jpg
    IMG_20200916_070933804.jpg
    279.5 KB · Views: 47

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
The doe in that pic (if you can find her) was doing recon. About an hour later she came back through with 2 others. They were just passing through, no grazing.

Loganwayne

Ten Pointer
Slid outta work early and thought I’d have a good night hoping the weather change would have them moving. Figured I’d at least have some bears cruise through. Nothing except a grouse that decided to buzz my head. Pulled camera and nothing been there since last Thursday except a doe and fawn Monday morning.

Also one of the very few trees that I thought would work saddle hunting out of was a pain and ended with hurting feet by dark

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
Slid outta work early and thought I’d have a good night hoping the weather change would have them moving. Figured I’d at least have some bears cruise through. Nothing except a grouse that decided to buzz my head. Pulled camera and nothing been there since last Thursday except a doe and fawn Monday morning.

Also one of the very few trees that I thought would work saddle hunting out of was a pain and ended with hurting feet by dark

Been weird here in the valley.
Deer eating right at daylight. And again early afternoon.

Oaks are dropping hard.

bears are all over. Can’t wait for them to get stirred up and a little fear in a couple weeks.

Loganwayne

Ten Pointer
Been weird here in the valley.
Deer eating right at daylight. And again early afternoon.

Oaks are dropping hard.

bears are all over. Can’t wait for them to get stirred up and a little fear in a couple weeks.

Ya I’m figuring all the deer have moved to oaks. I’ve got a small amount on this property but not a ton.

I’m probably not going to hunt that area again until oct 12 and hope a bear runs by. I’d really like to get on this year.

I didn’t have a lot of deer on camera till leafs dropped last year so we will see. My dad has seen a buck 3 times in his yard below where I’m hunting now .

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
I must be in the debunk triangle. They were up and grazing after lunch into 3:00.
We were one day before a new moon. Moon was overhead 12:41 yesterday. fairly prdictable to see them. I was fishing and saw 4 deer at the same time frame.
When i hunted yesterday evening i only saw one about 6:30Pm. Not the great pre front/system event I was hoping for.