Live 9/8/18

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
Anyone else going out today? I’m going to try my luck on MCAS Cherry Point. Good luck everyone!

DanH

Four Pointer
I'm in at the Rock. Bumped 1 after I took about 10 steps out my front door and another when I started to climb into my stand.

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
Got settled a little bit ago, the check-out process to hunt on base doesn’t allow for as much time to get set up in the mornings as I would like, but I’ve seen deer in this spot several times before.

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
No movement this morning. If I think my wife won’t be too upset with me missing dinner again, I might get out this evening or tomorrow evening.

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
Climbed up at 5, velvet 7 walks in and I had just pulled my crossbow and pack up. Had a blue shirt on and didn’t even have a bolt knocked. He luckily walked behind a bush and I was able to get ready. Took him a long time to get into my lane but I was able to make a great shot. He ran up a hill to a clear cut and I watched him fall. It was definitely my fastest hunt ever! Thankful for the fresh meat!
IMG_0736.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Went back this eve to my doe hole from yesterday... settled in around 6:45pm

Heard a few above on the ridge ... never saw any but had some behind me blowing when I came down at dark

Got another small property I plan to hunt next weekend... probably will take it easy in the afternoons this week and get caught up on some things after work

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Went back this eve to my doe hole from yesterday... settled in around 6:45pm

Heard a few above on the ridge ... never saw any but had some behind me blowing when I came down at dark

Got another small property I plan to hunt next weekend... probably will take it easy in the afternoons this week and get caught up on some things after work
I don't know how you can get any work done from having to cut up deer?

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Dang L
I've cut up 13 one night years ago from,a mattamuskeet nwr hunt
Dang LC!! That takes the cake

I once had 5 to cut up from a 5day ML Hunt.

That sucked but sure was fun shooting.

Ol mentor of mine always said “when the shooting stops the fun is over and the work begins”. ?

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
Yup, the real work begins after the animal is down. We have skinned 5 in a night but it’s not bad if you have the right skinning post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk