Live 11-2-21

team muddy creek

Twelve Pointer
Hunting with my old T/C Renegade and a patched round ball, pushed by 80. Gr. Of FFG black. Been in since 3:30 hope they move with this front coming in. Got some great sign where I'm at.

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
On a field edge in Orange looking a cruiser or a chase. Definitely not my first choice of stands but with the way this wind is swirling in the woods 🤷‍♂️

genbud78

Ten Pointer
In the woods in Randolph. 2 young does at first light but nothing since. Wind has been whipping pretty good. Hope it'll settle and they'll move before dark.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
my ML season is bust so far including two sits today-
Multiple groups of does everywhere I go - 1 racked buck in five sits.
My strategy of staying around does is failing miserably. .
Going to go after some new moon fever tomorrow and Thursday- midday sits. It cant get any worse.
Meanwhile the local "mountain boy" hunting camp is burning them down. No more deer left in silk hope.
They are running out of coolers and tags.
It is very humbling talking with them. :)
Yesterday it was a club horn\four point that must have been 10 yrs old, he ran to a grunt call-- today an 8pter with gorgeous long brow tines.

They are reinforcing that old adage about thinking your personal experiences are important in the scheme of things. :)

Packfan

Eight Pointer
This evening I saw the second hot doe since Sunday evening. Five bucks put on a show trying to win her love. One was a 125ish 8pt that has me thinking that I may be losing my freaking mind; all while questioning my judgement these days. It’s tough to let 125-130” deer walk the first few days of powder season but, it’s early and the good stuff (Nov 10-16) hasn’t even got here yet in my little corner of the world.

I had no pictures of the buck this evening. No history. He just walked out of the woods. Fwiw, I had only 5 minutes of history with the buck that I killed Sunday which was the previous Tuesday when he just walked into my life. Zero pictures of him.

Moral of the story, don’t rely on the trail/cell cams. I run 9 cells and still don’t have anything decent to look at on my phone.

Oh yea, zero corn invested in both bigguns that I have encountered so far this week.

Last edited:

Rubline

Twelve Pointer
my ML season is bust so far including two sits today-
Multiple groups of does everywhere I go - 1 racked buck in five sits.
My strategy of staying around does is failing miserably. .
Going to go after some new moon fever tomorrow and Thursday- midday sits. It cant get any worse.
Meanwhile the local "mountain boy" hunting camp is burning them down. No more deer left in silk hope.
They are running out of coolers and tags.
It is very humbling talking with them. :)
Yesterday it was a club horn\four point that must have been 10 yrs old, he ran to a grunt call-- today an 8pter with gorgeous long brow tines.

They are reinforcing that old adage about thinking your personal experiences are important in the scheme of things. :)
Let us know what all you see on those mid day hunts.
Good luck!

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Let us know what all you see on those mid day hunts.
Good luck!
in at 9:50 my solunar guide said moon was overhead at 12:02. I hunted till two.
At 12:12 a buck came behind me angling from my six to two oclock position. Too thick for shot or real id past antlers.
Only deer sight or sound observed.
This was from a new stand on the edge of a cutover where i have watched them from afar play for a couple of seasons.
I'm back in the woods lookin to catch the edge runners.
I like this time frame though. Civilized approach to this game. :)