List of local gun shops you like to hit up

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
So I was thinking about a list of local gun shops you like to hit up in your area.
May be helpful if someone needs something when on a trip, hunting, or just wants to waste time.

Lets keep this to a list of shops you use, not a google link to all they places that sell or deal in gear.

Start with

Hunter's Haven in Rolesville about a 50/50 mix of handguns to rifles, lots of hunting nicknacks gear and bows.

Carolina Gun Runners North Raleigh, lots of longguns handguns, ammo, loading powder and some bullets. Also a collection of steel targets and higher end guns.. More a gun shop and not a hunting place other then the guns, cleaning gear and coolers.

Patriot Shoting Sports Youngsville, mix of long guns, handguns, lots of shooting gear, targets, building parts and ammo.

And yours? You would say it is a place you need to go.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Eds in Vass
Jims in Fayetteville
Mid South Guns in Wagram
A couple different places in Fuquay.

buckshooter

Old Mossy Horns
Only really decent one close to me is Ed's in Vass , plenty of others , but he has them all beat. Carlos with his Muzzle loader knowledge is well the hours drive all by itself.

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Ed's in Vass is the only place I bother going to do business. I'll window shop about anywhere but rarely spend my money anywhere but Ed's.

CBD21

Eight Pointer
stanly cutlery & guns: good selection of handguns and long guns and about any knife you could want.

Keys gun shop: smaller selection but is a benelli and stoeger dealer along with bowtech and is set up for archery repair and will order anything you want. Also has reloading supplies

Both located in locust Nc

Last edited:

flathead977

Ten Pointer
Rock City Guns in Roxboro
Mace Sports is kind of nice to visit, but customer service is lacking, in my experience. I guess they are just that busy, idk

Billy

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Guns and Gold, Fuquay
Paradise Pawn, Benson
Hunter's Haven, Rolesville

Interesting sidenote: I had been looking for the new Glock 43. Found it at Cabelas for $549. Called Guns and Gold and they had it for $459.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Lawmans- in Garner its hidden but has the best prices ive found. Only drawback is there are some weapons they'll only sell to leo or military proof of prior service is also good to go. Generally i find thier stuff to be 15-20 percent under most other shops, and they have smoking deals on police turn ins, picked up a glock 17 for 275 that just had some wear on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flathead977

Ten Pointer
Guns and Gold, Fuquay
Paradise Pawn, Benson
Hunter's Haven, Rolesville

Interesting sidenote: I had been looking for the new Glock 43. Found it at Cabelas for $549. Called Guns and Gold and they had it for $459.
$399 at Rock City Guns in Roxboro. Probably too far for you to drive but $60 is $60.

firedawg60

Twelve Pointer
I like the Aisle Pawn in Mooresville. One tends to get sticker shock when looking at the price tags, but Bob is a good guy and usually deals quite fairly. Always has some interesting pieces.

shadycove

Twelve Pointer
Ed's gets some of my money often.
I have visited in the last year [and most many times over many years] and recommend these:
Hyatt's in Charlotte
The Gun Store in Lexington
Hwy 49 Sports in Richfield
Lead Chunkers in Rockwell
Sports Country in Denton
David's in Salisbury
Pistol Pops in Salisbury
Aisle Pawn in Mooresville
Drye's in Bahama
Haw River Outdoors in Haw River
Mace in Mebane
I hardly ever pass by a gunshop. If I ain't in a big hurry I will stop and look.
There are a couple of good ones up on Hwy 16 around Taylorsville and a few more in Wilkesboro that I cannot name [lack of memory].
The "net has brought prices into line across the board but Ed's cannot be beat IMO.

Last edited: