Lever gun challenge

stiab

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I have a 1972 model with the original box, including the price sticker.
Amazing how much those could be had for in 1972....
About that time Pleasants Hardware in Winston-Salem had them on sale for $75, IIRC. My brother and I both got .35 Rems.

Possum

Button Buck
Anyone know where 30-30 ammo can be found around Greensboro, I searched all weekend and no luck. I'm dying to take my Marlin I just inherited out, but I have no ammo.

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
All I remember about it was it had a gold trigger and was fairly heavy. You would think the weight would have helped with recoil but I'm telling ya it would thump you...lol

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk
My recently reclaimed 94 Win did the same recently. I shot 5 rounds off sandbags on a homemade bench and it wasn't the best of positions so I've been sporting a bruise for the last two weeks. Never remembered a thutty-thutty kicking that badly.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
I held a brand new, purty lever today. A new Henry .44 that has the side gate.... tube feed also, but they added the side gate. Black woodgrain stock, matte silver metal.
Smooth action, and purty enough. Too rich for my blood !
Don't really have a use for it anyhow. Just looked like a nice'un.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
One of the next guns I get is going to be a lever, have several but not that I want to cut up.

So my thought and hope is one of the New Marlins when Ruger takes over.
Nothing special but what I want is a 30 cal or straight wall. Cut the barrel back and thread, bring the tube back to match or get a gun with shorter tube and shortened barrel.
Want to hunt with it open sights suppressed.
Big Lead cast bullet under 1000FPS is my thoughts.

7mm08. I really like those sights.

Mophet

Button Buck
Changed the large loop lever on My Winchester 94 Wrangler in .32 Winchester Special to a standard loop. Makes it much more user friendly and handy.

Attachments

• 346F311F-9768-48A4-8614-FAF0C496FC12.jpeg
    346F311F-9768-48A4-8614-FAF0C496FC12.jpeg
    171.6 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: DRS

Mophet

Button Buck
I actually prefer the bigger loop. It’s easier to get my hand into with gloves on.
I understand. I tried it for a while but found it wasn’t as practical for me. I’m a small guy and even with a paracord wrap and gloves there was too much room. I still have the large loop in a bin

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I understand. I tried it for a while but found it wasn’t as practical for me. I’m a small guy and even with a paracord wrap and gloves there was too much room. I still have the large loop in a bin
They make a loop in between the standard loop and the large loop.

ABBD

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Picking up a 1936B 30-30 this week. Case colors on this gun are sharpe and nice. Looking forward to hunting open sights with it a few times this year. It won’t be my “hunting” gun... but a big brother safe queen to my 336.