Let's talk "Dumb Stuff" we have done: Can you top this?

Vannoyboy

Eight Pointer
Dropped a 270 in a 7 mag once and nearly put my eye out. Don't do that it hurts, but I have started wearing safety glasses now every time I go out to shoot.

Ambush

Twelve Pointer
It's amazing how dump we can be sometimes isn't it, sometime we don't think about the consiquences of our actions.

For sure. I don't remember which happened first, but you would've thought I learned from the first stinging encounter.:) I do remember my very first sting around six years old, from stepping on a honey bee in a pasture around a farm pond. I don’t remember if it was on purpose, but likely.:)

Last edited:

BigBow

Ten Pointer
Contributor
My brother decided the charcoal in the grill had not caught fire good enough with charcoal lighter fluid, so he decided to speed up the process by pouring gasoline from a 2.5 gallon can on it. I could see smoke rising from our yard a block away. He somehow managed to not get burned.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
^Sounds like the guy in Raleigh last night that was trying to get the fire going in the fireplace and burned down the apartment building.

Rubline

Twelve Pointer
I grew up across the road from a golf course and spent a lot of time playing golf in the summer.
One day on the edge of a fairway I noticed a stump with a hole at the bottom and yellow jackets were buzzing in and out.
I went home and got a cherrybomb, cut back thru the woods, lit it, dropped it in the hole and took off.
I heard a muffled boom and figured I'd done my good deed for the day.
I went to the clubhouse later that day and there were signs on the doors warning people to stay away from the right side of the fairway on hole number 3 , people were getting stung.
I decided to keep quiet about that one.

dobber

Old Mossy Horns
Nothing quite like a hot summer day at the lake, a couple of jet skis, some rope and a tube
Well you can't set off on the tube while sitting on it, need to pull yourself up and enjoy the ride. Pfft, i got this
As i was being dragged, holding on for dear life, unable to pull myself up fully on the tube, my friend decided that the "whip around" on the jet ski is fantastic, which causes the tube to do mach 4 in a screaming semi circle. My one hand releases and for whatever reason the death grip i had on the other handle will not let go, and i clearly remember my thought process at the time, "just pull yourself up, easy peasy" that was the thought for about 100 yards of bouncy bouncy on the water and reality kicked in that this just wasn't going to work, and i let go, bruised, battered, sore and defeated.