Lets Talk Brow Tines!

Shockgobbles

Six Pointer
I love a buck with some monster brow tines. I killed one a few years ago with a 9 1/2 inch brow but it was the only point on that side besides the main beam, so he was kinda funky. I love his rack though. I now wish I'd have tried a DIY euro mount on him but it is what it is

Aythya

Eight Pointer
Hunted some land near White Pines Bluffs about 40 years ago. We only killed a couple of bucks in there but saw a good number on the Camp property. All sizes and spreads but not a one had brow tines of any type. Fast forward a fifteen years or so and I'm doing a job for a contractor in Sanford. We start talking deer hunting and it turned out he hunted some adjacent property. He had about five if I recall correctly nice mounts of bucks that would have been easy 125-140 class eight pointers...if they had brow tines. Big sixes w/o browtines. I vote genetics.

There used to be a pocket on the east side of Jordan Lake ( Faulkner Branch area- Holland Chapel Road, gas line) in the '80's that produced a bunch of bucks that had "chisel point" tips on the brow tines or a slight fork at the end that was webbed. Again, genetics.