Let's talk Baseball

downeastnc

Old Mossy Horns
Saw this on reddit the Dodgers trolled the Red Sox witha pic captioned "Damage Done" a play in the Red Sox motto for this year which is "Do Damage" after winning the 18 inning game, Judge blasted NY,NY which is the Yankees song they play after a win as he left Fenway the Yankess then got swept at home, the Astros Bergman posted videos of guys hitting dingers off Eovaldi, the Red Sox then swept them....thats what makes this so funny, if you have never seen the movie Princess Bride then google the quote.

Ha-ha, you fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders, the most famous of which is “Never get involved in a land war in Asia,” but only slightly less well known is this: “Never taunt the Sox after winning a single game!"

downeastnc

Old Mossy Horns
Dodgers were 54-0 when they had a 4 run lead this season....they are now 54-1 when having a 4 run lead.....this was the 10th time this season the Red Sox scored more than 3 runs in the 9th.

DC-DXT

Ten Pointer
1 more.......Lets go SOX!!!!!

Seriously this was a stressful game, watching the best hitters in BB go 0-42.......but they got some swagger back and showed that with this team all it takes is a spark....
I went to bed it was 4-0 LA, and wake up this morning to see saw Sox won 9-6. Sox hitters come alive or LA bullpen implode???

downeastnc

Old Mossy Horns
I went to bed it was 4-0 LA, and wake up this morning to see saw Sox won 9-6. Sox hitters come alive or LA bullpen implode???
Kinda both, journeyman pitcher Hill had sat the Red Sox down all night, he walked a guy and had a high pitch count, they changed pitchers, new guy walks the first batter giving Red Sox 2 on and then Mitch hit a absolute bomb to deep center making it 4-3 Dodgers....after that well the Sox just did what they do.

DC-DXT

Ten Pointer
Kinda both, journeyman pitcher Hill had sat the Red Sox down all night, he walked a guy and had a high pitch count, they changed pitchers, new guy walks the first batter giving Red Sox 2 on and then Mitch hit a absolute bomb to deep center making it 4-3 Dodgers....after that well the Sox just did what they do.
Thanks. I saw Puig hit his bomb & Hill looked good, so I went to bed.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Saw this on reddit the Dodgers trolled the Red Sox witha pic captioned "Damage Done" a play in the Red Sox motto for this year which is "Do Damage" after winning the 18 inning game, Judge blasted NY,NY which is the Yankees song they play after a win as he left Fenway the Yankess then got swept at home, the Astros Bergman posted videos of guys hitting dingers off Eovaldi, the Red Sox then swept them....thats what makes this so funny, if you have never seen the movie Princess Bride then google the quote.

Ha-ha, you fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders, the most famous of which is “Never get involved in a land war in Asia,” but only slightly less well known is this: “Never taunt the Sox after winning a single game!"
Congrats downeastnc you said it would be like this.
red sox are leading a charmed life this century.

downeastnc

Old Mossy Horns
Price was unbelievable and then Kelly strikes out 3 straight......Evo or Sale in the 9th.......still game isnt over but at least the fat lady is warming up.....

downeastnc

Old Mossy Horns
I was just on Fanatics looking at gear lol, gotta get hats and shirts for me the wifey ( she watches more baseball than I do ) and my kid.....so many choices....

Also I LOVE the fact that the little whiny cheating dirty ass Machado got broke down by Sale on a swinging strike to end the WS and give Boston the win....

Also since the Sox won back in 2004 the Red Sox have played in 4 WS and won them all with a record of 16-4.....or averaging 1 loss per World Series.....

Last edited:

dpc

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Some wonderful trolling by Sox today and last night. Singing NY NY post match was great, but replying to game one of season negative tweets is right up there.

Don't get me wrong Pearce had a great series, felt Price was more deserving of MVP though.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
so who is looking worse? the sox or the Yankees? the poor Yankees are injured to the point of being out of it already.

Phillies should be happy. I enjoyed watching harper's fisrt at bats back in Washington. Those fans were on him big time.
but I heard this am he got his jabs in with a big bat flip deal.

dpc

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Yanks are like the walking dead first week of the season. Zero offense with all those bats out of the lineup .

Boston is obviously paying for their conservative approach to spring training. They need to get off the West Coast and realize the season started.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
So sox fans, how about taking sale out last night after he strikes out the side to get to 17ks?
and you lose his lead in like a minute? I of course loved the outcome but wanted more Sale.
I was as impressed as the homer crowd calling the game with his pitching. The first pitch I saw was so nasty I couldn't not watch. and I hate boston.

dpc

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
So sox fans, how about taking sale out last night after he strikes out the side to get to 17ks?
and you lose his lead in like a minute? I of course loved the outcome but wanted more Sale.
I was as impressed as the homer crowd calling the game with his pitching. The first pitch I saw was so nasty I couldn't not watch. and I hate boston.
Had 24 strikeouts and lost a game. That just shouldn't happen

Got a rough stretch too. Houston then Cleveland then back to Houston then yanks

Speaking of Yanks, got 123 million on DL, lol

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Had 24 strikeouts and lost a game. That just shouldn't happen

Got a rough stretch too. Houston then Cleveland then back to Houston then yanks

Speaking of Yanks, got 123 million on DL, lol
and still close to the to of the divsison. :)

dpc

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Be interesting when players come back. Young bucks getting it done for them.

Any word on Judge? Haven't heard a thing.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
poor orioles.
gagged big time last night and gifted the Yankees.
never saw a ML catcher misplay a foul so badly. extended the inning and NY hits with a three run homer.

dpc

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Every time I look it seems yanks are playing the O's

They are terrible......

Crappie_Hunter

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I saw the surveillance video on Clay Travis's twitter, didn't look like a robbery to me (as many outlets reported) it was an assassination attempt. Guy walks up behind Ortiz shoots him in the back and walks off.

Apparently some locals caught the guy, knew who he had shot and beat the hell out of him before the police got to em…. insane story

TH7

Spike
Braves can hit the ball. Pitching is quite scary so far but has potential. Kind of annoyed they signed Dallas Keuchel...Not into the players holding out and not playing. I like how Mike Trout did his deal. Keuchel got less money than his initial offer from the Astros last year.

dpc

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Braves can hit the ball. Pitching is quite scary so far but has potential. Kind of annoyed they signed Dallas Keuchel...Not into the players holding out and not playing. I like how Mike Trout did his deal. Keuchel got less money than his initial offer from the Astros last year.

Has he pitched a game yet, do anything?