Lets hear your championship predictions

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Shame Smith only got one half in its special kinda player when everyone knows he's gettjng the ball but can't do damn thing stop it. Of course Sarks play calling helps now he can go get rich in Texas before they run him off in 4 years or so.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
I really enjoyed that game.
I watched it on the sec channel which carried the Eli Gold Alabama radio broadcast.
It was great. Nowhere near as biased as i anticipated.
I think if I watch any other events being covered like that i will tune into the radio version.

as for the game. One fact. The right guy won the heisman. :)

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I watched it on the sec channel which carried the Eli Gold Alabama radio broadcast.
I think if I watch any other events being covered like that i will tune into the radio version.

Same here liked the broadcast and yes right guy did still hate believe waddle was number1 guy and even harder to believe Waddle played ginna be top 15 pick risky for these days of opt outs

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I heard the ads during the game were absolutely nauseating. I didn't watch.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns

I enjoyed Kirk herbstreit having NOTHING to say from halfway through the 2nd quarter on. I bet he went home and fake cried like he did back in June over “black lives matter”

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I heard the ads during the game were absolutely nauseating. I didn't watch.
Don't recall a single ad.. I am sure I heard them, but commercials are for stoking the fire or hitting the fridge or restroom. Guessing there were a ton of Dr. Pepper commercials and one or two for each school, but that is just a guess.

Last edited:

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Same here liked the broadcast and yes right guy did still hate believe waddle was number1 guy and even harder to believe Waddle played ginna be top 15 pick risky for these days of opt outs
some little tidbits from Eli.
Hibbit's sporting goods (a sponosor ) was going to be open after the game (retail stores) to sell Bama championship gear.
He was constantly stating the dire injury / covid situation OSU was in.
Very gracious in explaining that butt whuppin. :)

as for the stores selling gear, I wish there was some passion like that for some college team in NC.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I don’t understand everyone’s problem with winners (Alabama; patriots; etc.). I’m not an Alabama fan, but I respect their program, immensely.
Its just way should be in sports if every one liked same team be pretty boring world gotta have villains underdogs and all in between makes it better

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Its just way should be in sports if every one liked same team be pretty boring world gotta have villains underdogs and all in between makes it better

I didn't say I was a fan of Alabama. I respect them, immensely, BECAUSE they're winners. Every team should strive to have what they have. Coach Logan (ECU) said it the best way I've ever heard it presented. He said he tried to instill in his players a "responsibility to winning".

That's what winning programs instill in their players. It's contagious and it translates from yr to yr....generation to generation....if you can implement it.

My hat's off to Coach Saban and Alabama.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I didn't say I was a fan of Alabama. I respect them, immensely, BECAUSE they're winners. Every team should strive to have what they have. Coach Logan (ECU) said it the best way I've ever heard it presented. He said he tried to instill in his players a "responsibility to winning".

That's what winning programs instill in their players. It's contagious and it translates from yr to yr....generation to generation....if you can implement it.

My hat's off to Coach Saban and Alabama.
Never said you were a fan I'm not necessarily either but I have been SEC fan my whole life you'd be hard pressed to have watched more bama games than me in last 40 years. My point is simply what I said variety of opinions on teams makes sports better as far as those winning traditions Bama has had their bad years bad coaches with few scandals mixed in those are things that come and go.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I agree.....i don’t like saban, but he’s the best college coach of all time. Much respect for that.
Hard argue his only competition is the Bear and he was know for hoarding talent more so than now from what I've read more parity now which gives Saban edge he knew what he was doing that school he left was no slouch for recruiting or winning people were kinda wondering about why after winning title.