Lent

jakeller27

Four Pointer
I'm sure each denomination has a completely different approach to Lent, but I'm Catholic and it's something very important to me and my brothers and sisters in faith. It helps me renew my faith each year and hopefully come out of Lent as a better Catholic Christian, man, father, outdoorsman - what have you.

This Lenten season I plan to focus on limiting my addiction to consumerism (I'm always buying hunting and outdoors gear) by limiting frivolous purchases to at most 1 per week, I will exercise every day, and I will spend some time with the Bible through a daily podcast.

What kind of things do you guys do for Lent, and what thoughts do you have about it? I only dedicated myself to becoming Catholic a few years ago so this is all new to me, so I love to hear what others do during this time of the year.

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
Abstaining from hootch and sweets. Doing an extra Lenten devotional each morning. 100% Protestant, but grew up in S Mississippi attending Baptist, Methodist, Presbyterian, & Catholic services.