Lee county

Huntman11

Button Buck
Any good public land in Lee or Moore county? Just moved to Sanford

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
I don’t live in the area, but if you go to NCwildlife.org they have maps of all the gamelands, and if you plan to hunt public I’d highly reccomend an app like OnX as a way to find new locations to hunt and to mark the good spots you find.

nekkedducker

Ten Pointer
Harris, Jordan, and the Lee and Chatham game lands are youre closest choices. Ncwildlife.org is your friend. You'll need a boat or good hiking shoes and be ready to get to your spot before 3 am. Go in with low expectations and enjoy the few times you do get to pull the trigger when you happen to get in a good spot. Or sit back and enjoy the circus and have a few laughs. Not trying to discourage you, its the just the reality of central NC game land waterfowling.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

nekkedducker

Ten Pointer
I will say the squatted truck brigade is dedicated. Not sure id be willing to sleep in a boat anchored up in my hunting spot on the Wednesday before opening day, and hang led lanterns 300 yards up and down the shoreline to make it look like other hunters are already there. Ive seen it with my own eyes, but about once a year I'll hear about some quality birds that were killed.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I will say the squatted truck brigade is dedicated. Not sure id be willing to sleep in a boat anchored up in my hunting spot on the Wednesday before opening day, and hang led lanterns 300 yards up and down the shoreline to make it look like other hunters are already there. Ive seen it with my own eyes, but about once a year I'll hear about some quality birds that were killed.

This describes hunting Jordan perfectly. You can get out there around midnight and anchor...put up your lanterns...and sure as hell...about 15-20 min before shooting light there will be 5 boats on top of you. Its absolutely ridiculous. Oh...and then there are the roost busters. Not worth the time, effort or aggravation...let alone the money.

Steelshot

Eight Pointer
im pretty sure lee county got shut down a few years back when the possum cops found a ton of corn in the swamp. Either it was baited to hunt or baited to keep people out.
Either way not worth the hassle for me

shurshot

Ten Pointer
^ That’s exactly what happened, someone went in and tried to sweeten it up. I have a couple of buddies who lease land yearly near there and were well aware of what happened. They’ve also had issues at times with poachers coming on their places during the turkey season. People loose their morals sometimes when it comes to killing a gobbler they’ve heard or seen.

nekkedducker

Ten Pointer
Yeah I heard it was to keep people out. The Lee side of that game land is so small youre bound to run into another party at some point. If I'm not mistaken a hunter was shot and killed there a few years back as well. Another case of someone seen the weeds move and fired buckshot at the sound. There's a lot of outlaws in that area that claim the Buckhorn area as their land.

TomstoSwans486

Four Pointer
Harris is a duck ghost-town, Jordan is almost that way. Get on onX or some App like that, find a tract of land in Lee or Moore with a small swamp. Go knock on the door and ask to hunt it, maybe you'll get lucky. You may shoot 2-3 wood ducks and MAYBE a mallard all season....but you'll have it to yourself, and probably see more wildlife than any public spots.

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Or you can go to the NC coast and pay someone to sit in a blind and see thousands of birds...... headed to the blinds with the most corn out! I went twice..... sat all day.....shot one bufflehead....... never again..... save your money and book a few days in a flyway west of here

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
Or you can go to the NC coast and pay someone to sit in a blind and see thousands of birds...... headed to the blinds with the most corn out! I went twice..... sat all day.....shot one bufflehead....... never again..... save your money and book a few days in a flyway west of here

I’ve paid thousands to sit in a blind, see a thousand ducks and never pulls the trigger in the Mississippi flyway more than once....but I’m with you.....I would never hire a guide in N.C. if you like Paying a couple hundred dollars to go sit in the blind With corn dumped out in front of it to maybe shoot at 1 passing buffie and watching the sunrise and set.....then you will love it.....

Huntman11

Button Buck
Hey pm me I’m in lee and and can lend u some advice. I’m always looking to take someone to hunt with me as I usually go on my own have boat dog etc.

Hey man it won’t let me send a PM but shoot me an email I’d love too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk